Author Topic: Mr. Steve's coming for some homegrown bananas.  (Read 184 times)

Online LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
Mr. Steve's coming for some homegrown bananas.
« on: October 30, 2019, 11:56:10 AM »
Mr. Steve's coming down to see me here in a little while bring me a few things and also picking up some fresh bananas.

His daughter makes like homemade banana bread and muffins and whole bunch of other things out of these and she is a popularity of the neighborhood.

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
Re: Mr. Steve's coming for some homegrown bananas.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 12:06:24 PM »
JD,

Tell me about the last photo.   The one that has some yellow bananas already.  What is the name?  They seem very interesting.
WL:  Strawberry Verte, White Bronx, RdB, LSU(Scott’s Blk, White Honey, Hollier, Purple & Tiger), Roberts Golden Rainbow, Smith, Kadota, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Conadria, Adriatic, Panache Tiger, Dall Oso, I-258 and Marseilles Black

South Louisiana, 9a

Online GJRoberts

• Welcome !!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 12:15:36 PM »
That looks like a Praying Hands variety.
Want - Buzzone Nero, Ben's Golden Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Socorro Black, Black Zadar, Violet Sepor, CdDR,  CdDBN, White Maderia, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Golden Celeste, Strawberry Verte, Raspberry Verte, Malta Black, Malta Beauty, any LSU- Strawberry, Tiger, Gold, Yellow, etc.

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 12:18:22 PM »
GKRoberts,

I was thinking the same thing but I thought that they are normally pointing up. 
WL:  Strawberry Verte, White Bronx, RdB, LSU(Scott’s Blk, White Honey, Hollier, Purple & Tiger), Roberts Golden Rainbow, Smith, Kadota, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Conadria, Adriatic, Panache Tiger, Dall Oso, I-258 and Marseilles Black

South Louisiana, 9a

Online GJRoberts

• Welcome !!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 12:21:22 PM »
A devil worshiper?
Want - Buzzone Nero, Ben's Golden Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Socorro Black, Black Zadar, Violet Sepor, CdDR,  CdDBN, White Maderia, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Golden Celeste, Strawberry Verte, Raspberry Verte, Malta Black, Malta Beauty, any LSU- Strawberry, Tiger, Gold, Yellow, etc.

Online LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 11:01:05 PM »
The last photo is praying hands bananas. Grasshopper not all bananas point up as they grow there are literally thousands of varieties of bananas new ones that were being developed in Honduras breeding program. There was also a nice research facility on Costa Rico they got hit pretty hard on the last storm and a lot of new varieties being tested

Offline efletche

• Welcome !!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 11:32:34 PM »
I am starting to think I need to move to La.!
want list: Bass's Favorite, BNR, UCR 160-50, Sicilian Black (Belleclare #39), Paratjal Rimada, Thermalito, Genovese Nero AF, Dels Ermitans

Offline mothergoosefarms

• Glad to be here!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 09:59:19 PM »
JD, next spring I want to plant several varieties of bananas here on the farm.  I would like to talk to you about how best to start.  In the past I have had an unknown variety on another property that we were not very successful with.  Just thinking ahead.
Wish List: 
Italian (unk) , Strawberry Verte, Dall Osso Fig, LSU Black (any), Black or White Maderira,  Col de Dame (any),   RdB, Roberts Golden Rainbow, Adriatic, Panache Tiger.

We love surprises and look forward to a time when we can reciprocate.