Author Topic: Mr. Steve's coming for some homegrown bananas.  (Read 863 times)

Online LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
Mr. Steve's coming for some homegrown bananas.
« on: October 30, 2019, 11:56:10 AM »
Mr. Steve's coming down to see me here in a little while bring me a few things and also picking up some fresh bananas.

His daughter makes like homemade banana bread and muffins and whole bunch of other things out of these and she is a popularity of the neighborhood.

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
Re: Mr. Steve's coming for some homegrown bananas.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 12:06:24 PM »
JD,

Tell me about the last photo.   The one that has some yellow bananas already.  What is the name?  They seem very interesting.
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Roberts Golden Rainbow, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Dall Oso, Thermalito, any CdD

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Dwarf(4 variety), Red, Praying hands & multiple pod). 

Louisiana, 9a

Online GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
  • Smile as you pass through!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 12:15:36 PM »
That looks like a Praying Hands variety.
Want -Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDR, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, LSU Tiger, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Thermalito, Louisiana Lightning, Luv, LA Green Honey,Brooklyn White, Zingarella,Stella

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 12:18:22 PM »
GKRoberts,

I was thinking the same thing but I thought that they are normally pointing up. 
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Roberts Golden Rainbow, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Dall Oso, Thermalito, any CdD

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Dwarf(4 variety), Red, Praying hands & multiple pod). 

Louisiana, 9a

Online GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
  • Smile as you pass through!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 12:21:22 PM »
A devil worshiper?
Want -Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDR, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, LSU Tiger, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Thermalito, Louisiana Lightning, Luv, LA Green Honey,Brooklyn White, Zingarella,Stella

Online LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 11:01:05 PM »
The last photo is praying hands bananas. Grasshopper not all bananas point up as they grow there are literally thousands of varieties of bananas new ones that were being developed in Honduras breeding program. There was also a nice research facility on Costa Rico they got hit pretty hard on the last storm and a lot of new varieties being tested

Offline efletche

• Welcome !!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 11:32:34 PM »
I am starting to think I need to move to La.!
want list: Campaniere , Dels Ermitans, Little Miss Figgy, LSU Red Fig extraordinary, Raspberry Tart, Ham Rham, U. Prosciutto, Labritja, Louisiana Lightning, Buzzone Nero, . Vigorous and thornless Blackberry and Raspberry plants, La swamp fig, sour orange seeds (to be used as rootstock)

Offline mothergoosefarms

• Recovering Fig Addict (NOT...LOL)
  • Global Moderator
  • Glad to be here!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 09:59:19 PM »
JD, next spring I want to plant several varieties of bananas here on the farm.  I would like to talk to you about how best to start.  In the past I have had an unknown variety on another property that we were not very successful with.  Just thinking ahead.
Wish List: 
LSU red extraordinaire, Italian (unk) , Strawberry Verte, Dall Osso Fig, LSU Strawberry,, LSU Black (any), White Maderira,  Col de Dame (any),   RdB, Roberts Golden Rainbow, Adriatic, Panache Tiger, Socorro Black, Qudssaya

Coastal Alabama