Author Topic: Grazia 3 FIG  (Read 231 times)

Online LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
Grazia 3 FIG
« on: December 04, 2019, 11:56:03 AM »
This is the very first edible fig that I have gotten off the Larusso collection.

One of the first varieties that didn't abort their figs.

This one here is worth looking into I believe we still have a few figs left on the tree that we will be pollinating now.

We have several of his varieties are in a greenhouse manipulating them to fruit.

His description and photos don't even come close to matching this variety being grown here. We have a tree growing in the ground which drop it's figs the ones that we have in containers we put into the greenhouses for this winter in the hopes we could discover whether it was a common fig or not being the fact that the outside weather is not cooperating right now.

The results and findings as stands right now I wouldn't buy it.

It really doesn't have a a sweetness and it's texture and pulp are consistent with a kiwi fruit having an outside rind next to the skin the flavor also reminds me of a weak Bland kiwi the size it's going to be small to medium not an extra large fig like the European photo show.

The good expects are it does have a pretty good tight eye and the fruit was firm.

So I believe with a little Mojo Magic we will be able to improve this variety we plan on pollinating the rest of the figs on this tree.

Special note there are still a lot of people S E L L I N G his varieties using his photos and descriptions do not be fooled and become a victim.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:59:29 AM by LouisianaMojo »

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
Re: Grazia 3 FIG
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 08:43:11 PM »
Thank you for the warning
WL:  LSU(Red(JDís) & Tiger), Roberts Golden Rainbow, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Smith, Dall Oso and Brooklyn White

South Louisiana, 9a

Offline Casey

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 10:18:02 PM »
Do you think that flavor can improve with age on that one, or perhaps it will with pollination?
Casey
WL: Any short season cultivars?

Online LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 08:32:49 AM »
We are very doubtful that the flavor will improve really doesn't taste like you fig at all. But with breeding with some selected males to increase the size and flavor .

This is why we keep posting and informing everyone that figs will grow and perform differently in different countries and different growing zones.

Especially coming from an area that has the wasp you won't know what it's going to do or how the flavors going to be until you grow it or whether it's a common variety or not just the facts

Online efletche

• Welcome !!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 06:10:23 PM »
great info. I didn't have this on my list, but I will make note not to buy this one.
want list: Bass's Favorite, BNR, UCR 160-50, Campaniere , Paratjal Rimada, Thermalito, Genovese Nero AF, Dels Ermitans, Little Miss Figgy, unk Pastiliere, LSU Red Fig extraordinary.

Offline Jhawka10

• Welcome !!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 08:19:26 PM »
It's a pretty fig.  Even in if it is less colorful than others.
Figs are Fun!!
Wish List: Noir de Barbentane, LSU Red, Col de Dame Noir, Col de Dame Grise, Pastiliere, Col de Dame Blanc, Black Zadar, Golden Riverside and Red Lebanese Bakka, Socorro Black, Figo Preto, Dame Noir, Col de Dame Grise, Bourjasotte Grise, White Bronx, Smith, I-258, Panache

Online Atlantafig

• Welcome !!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 12:59:19 PM »
Once beaten, twice shy. I am one of the victims and I won't fall for it again. I fell for it on FigBid.com when I saw the size of the fig in the picture. The variety is LV8. I love large size figs.
Wishlist: LSU Red, Socorro Black, I-258, Golden Riverside / Golden Rainbow, Honey Fig, CCD Blanc, CCD Noir, CCD Rimada, Black Madeira, White Madeira, Raspberry Latte, Lebanese Red, Red Lebanese, Gota Del Mel, Louisiana Lightening Fig, Louisiana Green Honey, All LSU Varieties.