Author Topic: Has anyone else had this problem bidding on Figbid  (Read 251 times)

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
Has anyone else had this problem bidding on Figbid
« on: December 08, 2019, 10:13:14 PM »
We seen a variety that we wanted to get to double-check it against the one we have.

So I entered my Max bid and I waited for 8 Seconds left on the ticker.

I submitted my bid and it's like the screen froze. I sat watch the little circle go round and round and round she goes and when it stopped the auction was over and the winning bid was $29 less than my maximum bid.

My bed never got interred my question is why with 8 seconds left has anybody else had this experience?

Offline Jhawka10

• Welcome !!
Re: Has anyone else had this problem bidding on Figbid
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 01:15:12 PM »
I would bet that several undividuals were doing this at the same time and overliaded the server. By the time it filtered thru to you, it was past the deadline. Just a guess but I think its4 plausible.
Figs are Fun!!
Wish List: Noir de Barbentane, LSU Red, Col de Dame Noir, Col de Dame Grise, Pastiliere, Col de Dame Blanc, Black Zadar, Golden Riverside and Red Lebanese Bakka, Socorro Black, Figo Preto, Dame Noir, Col de Dame Grise, Bourjasotte Grise, White Bronx, Panache

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 07:23:01 PM »
I thought this was a bidding site, like eBay, Esty with real-time not stall time.

I believe you put a bid in 8 seconds before the listing ends that it should be able to handle it.

Offline Jhawka10

• Welcome !!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 10:28:18 PM »
I would have to agree with you on that!
Figs are Fun!!
Wish List: Noir de Barbentane, LSU Red, Col de Dame Noir, Col de Dame Grise, Pastiliere, Col de Dame Blanc, Black Zadar, Golden Riverside and Red Lebanese Bakka, Socorro Black, Figo Preto, Dame Noir, Col de Dame Grise, Bourjasotte Grise, White Bronx, Panache

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
  • Figs are for Fun and Eating!!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 02:39:31 AM »
Steve here,

I notice a slow down in the load maybe it's just because they are backing up or something?

Steve
Be Nice to each other and good to your figs and cuttings may come your way all for free. southernfigsforum.com

Online GJRoberts

• Welcome !!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 07:54:57 AM »
That's probably a technical issue due to an overload.  It could be worse.  If you think prices are nutty now, Figbid could do what some other auction sites do.  There are some that have a 15 minute rule.  The auction will continue until there are no bids for 15 minutes.  This completely eliminates auction sniping.  If you bid with one second left, the ending time is extended 15 minutes to allow someone else to increase their competing bid.  This makes sure the seller gets the max profit that they can (and the buyer pays the most anyone is willing to pay). 
Want -BB-10, Buzzone Nero, Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDR, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, any LSU Strawberry, Tiger, Gold, Yellow, Black, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Stella, Thermalito, Louisiana Lightning, Luv, Brooklyn White

Online LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 08:03:22 AM »
That's probably a technical issue due to an overload.  It could be worse.  If you think prices are nutty now, Figbid could do what some other auction sites do.  There are some that have a 15 minute rule.  The auction will continue until there are no bids for 15 minutes.  This completely eliminates auction sniping.  If you bid with one second left, the ending time is extended 15 minutes to allow someone else to increase their competing bid.  This makes sure the seller gets the max profit that they can (and the buyer pays the most anyone is willing to pay).

That is crazy.  It could go on for hours after it was suppose to end
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Roberts Golden Rainbow, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Dall Oso, Cravens C., Thermalito, any CdD

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Dwarf(4 variety), Red)

South Louisiana, 9a

Online GJRoberts

• Welcome !!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 08:30:25 AM »

That is crazy.  It could go on for hours after it was suppose to end

Yes, but it would be very popular with the sellers. 
From my experience, it rarely goes on for more than an hour.  After several extensions, most buyers either increase their max bid much more to get the win, or give up.
Want -BB-10, Buzzone Nero, Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDR, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, any LSU Strawberry, Tiger, Gold, Yellow, Black, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Stella, Thermalito, Louisiana Lightning, Luv, Brooklyn White

Offline Figs_Italy

• Welcome !!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 10:20:46 AM »
I haven't tried that on Figbid, but on eBay, if you bid within the last 15 seconds, it will keep on loading until the bid is over and your bid won't register. So i usually enter my bid at least 25 in advance.
Wish list: WM#1, Green Ischia, BNR