Author Topic: tall pots  (Read 441 times)

Online GJRoberts

• Welcome !!
tall pots
« on: December 09, 2019, 09:36:19 PM »
What do they call those tall pots that are about 4 inches square and a foot tall.  My cuttings are about ready to be transferred from coir, and I need to get some.  If someone knows where there is a good deal, and it doesn't violate forum deals, where do I get them at a reasonable price?
Want -BB-10, Buzzone Nero, Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDR, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, any LSU Strawberry, Tiger, Gold, Yellow, Black, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Stella, Thermalito, Louisiana Lightning, Luv, Brooklyn White

Offline stealthmayhem

• Future Fig Forest Ranger
Re: tall pots
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 10:09:57 PM »
They are called treepots.  There are several places you can order from, but I don't want to include a link in case it violates forum rules.
Wishlist : ALL of the Figs!~
Seriously:  CdDR, CdDG, Figo Preto, Black Ischia, All of the LSU Releases - Official or not,  Raspberry Latte, LdA, Sultane, Florea, Improved Celeste, White Marseilles, Peter's Honey, CdDN, Bronx White, Golden Celeste, MBVS, Shasta Peach

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 10:10:31 PM »
Greenhouse Megastore

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 10:13:22 PM »

Online GJRoberts

• Welcome !!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 11:03:24 PM »
Thanks much.  Are these a good pot to start off the figs?
Want -BB-10, Buzzone Nero, Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDR, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, any LSU Strawberry, Tiger, Gold, Yellow, Black, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Stella, Thermalito, Louisiana Lightning, Luv, Brooklyn White

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
  • Figs are for Fun and Eating!!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 11:18:24 PM »
Steve here

I use Quart pot to put my new rooted cups fig in

the last one I got them from here  https://www.ebay.com/itm/QUART-PLASTIC-NURSERY-POTS-SET-OF-100-4-75-x-5-25-flower-perennial/282398085331?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

easy to ship or let sit in pot for a lot longer well cheaper also  lol
and then move to 1 gal or i mostly jump the 3 gal pot.
and I can reuse the pot if I did not ship it in the Quart pot.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 11:38:43 PM by Administrator »
Be Nice to each other and good to your figs and cuttings may come your way all for free. southernfigsforum.com

Online GJRoberts

• Welcome !!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 05:30:50 AM »
Your second picture reminds me of The Day of the Triffids.

Offline stealthmayhem

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 06:33:19 AM »
I have actually been transferring them from 18oz cups to .7 gallon plastic grow bags.   'it should build up quite a few roots, and limit growth over the winter.  I can then put them in my 5-7 gallon fabric grow bags in the spring.  Easy to write on and cheap....50 bags for under 10$.
Seriously:  CdDR, CdDG, Figo Preto, Black Ischia, All of the LSU Releases - Official or not,  Raspberry Latte, LdA, Sultane, Florea, Improved Celeste, White Marseilles, Peter's Honey, CdDN, Bronx White, Golden Celeste, MBVS, Shasta Peach

Online GJRoberts

• Welcome !!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 06:39:50 AM »
Do you have a source for the grow bags?

Online FigHearted

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 07:19:44 AM »
I have actually been transferring them from 18oz cups to .7 gallon plastic grow bags.   'it should build up quite a few roots, and limit growth over the winter.  I can then put them in my 5-7 gallon fabric grow bags in the spring.  Easy to write on and cheap....50 bags for under 10$.

I've seen those on amazon and wondered about durability of the plastic.
WL: Maltese Beauty, Dalmatie, Texas Peach, Buzzone Nero, EXP24, JDs LSU Red, JDs Giant Brown Turkey,LSU Purple, Bass' Favorite, Burgan UNK,CLBC, BNR,  Socorro, Del Monte,Raspberry Tart, Watermelon, BM KK, Edith Lamb, Thermalito, Hative D'Argenteuil, Martinenca Rimada, Paratjal Rimada, Golden Rainbow

Offline stealthmayhem

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 07:53:54 AM »
Do you have a source for the grow bags?

Amazon....eBay....Wherever.  I picked this set up for 9.88 from Ebay.

Offline stealthmayhem

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2019, 07:56:19 AM »

I've seen those on amazon and wondered about durability of the plastic.

I'm not too worried about the durability.  They are just being used indoors over the winter.  I'm not gonna put them out in the summer heat for years.  I just needed something that was an intermediate size between 18 oz cup and 2, 5, 7, gallon containers.  I originally tried the 2 gallon plastic bags, but they required too much potting mix and too much room to keep in the house.  Expecially when you are dealing with 50+ cuttings.

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
  • Figs are for Fun and Eating!!
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 02:48:16 AM »
Your second picture reminds me of The Day of the Triffids.

Steve here,

Yes it does I seen that low budget move believe it or not

I have 6 more black tubs almost ready to put in the green house and then it will really be Triffids taking over !!!

Should be around gave or take some loss 320 to 300 cuttings  lol

Steve
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 02:51:32 AM by Administrator »
Be Nice to each other and good to your figs and cuttings may come your way all for free. southernfigsforum.com

Offline figWillie

• Welcome !!
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2019, 01:00:57 PM »
I've used the white fabric starter grow pots for a few years now and they work excellent. But if you are going to try them make sure you know what you are ordering. There are two basic types. The cheap ones which are just folded, and the more expensive ones which are pleated. Get the pleated ones! The bottoms on those when filed make a square and it allows them to stand on their own very nicely. The cheapo folded ones end up with a bottom that is not flat, the pots aren't stable and don't fit together well. You save a buck or so on the lot, but get pots that are very burdensome and keep falling over. So spend a few pennies more and get the pleated ones! You'll thank me later...
Want list: #1-Qalaat al Madiq #2- black Zadar, #3 LSU Red, #4 Ben's Golden Riverside/Robert's Golden Rainbow Black #5-Black Madiera/Madiera Island black.

Offline opiem10

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 04:35:28 PM »
https://www.greenhousemegastore.com/

I have used Greenhouse Megastore often.   Great service and products.   I also stumbled across Stuewe and Sons as a possible source, especially for West Coast members.   
Wish List: Smith, White Madeira, Buzzone Nero, Colonel Littman Black Cross, BB-10, Cravens Craving, Golden Riverside, St Rita, Black Zadar, Violet Sepor, D'all Osso, Col de Dame Rimada, Orphan