FREE STUFF ! ! ! > Fig trees and cuttings

All winners need to read this for care of the new fig trees ! !

(1/6) > >>

LouisianaMojo:
We have a lot of people new to figs.

Your new fig tree is a cutting that has been rooted and you need to take special care.

We are giving you special directions on how to care for these trees because even the most advanced Growers or the professionals kill trees and we hate to see you do it being a new fig enthusiast. Place your new tree inside next to a window and away from drafts.

If Mr. Steve like the comment he had a breaker that tripped and shut off his heaters I believe he ended up losing 60 new trees because of the drop in temperature shock them.

Again make sure that your new tree isn't exposed to drafts like the opening of shutting the doors.

Never tried to up pot a new tree until it is ready.
Again never tried to up pot a new tree until it is time I have seen many self-proclaimed professional kill trees by doing this.

Always water and feed your new tree From The Bottom never from the top ! ! Place a lid or saucer under your tree 2 water. We recommend using a 111 ratio every fourth watering to your new tree.

Your tree will Wick the water that it needs from the bottom of the lid this prevents over-watering and root rot.

And last when the roots start to protrude through the drain holes of the bottom of your container this is time that you want to let the substrate dry out and repot your new tree.

We have making videos of this and repotting your fig trees on our bucket list maybe we can get this done in the next few weeks and if you have questions please ask.

GJRoberts:
Great info.  What is a 111 ratio?

LaFigGwr2019:

--- Quote from: GJRoberts on January 27, 2020, 10:45:13 AM ---Great info.  What is a 111 ratio?

--- End quote ---
The 111 is the NPK ratio. 

Me...2001:
Ok good info....but do I leave water in the drip pan? If so for how long? How long do I let it soak in water before I take them out? Do I feed 111on every watering?  Sorry about so many questions but I don't want to kill any trees, I kill plenty of cuttings!!

LaFigGwr2019:

--- Quote from: Me...2001 on January 27, 2020, 11:17:58 AM ---Ok good info....but do I leave water in the drip pan? If so for how long? How long do I let it soak in water before I take them out? Do I feed 111on every watering?  Sorry about so many questions but I don't want to kill any trees, I kill plenty of cuttings!!

--- End quote ---
Yes, leave water in pan.  Donít add to much just add some so the soil can take it up.  I would start with half a cup and go from there.
Feed the plant 1-1-1 every 4th watering.  The fertilizer is in the water.  Hope that answers your questions.  If you have any more just ask or PM me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version