Author Topic: update  (Read 338 times)

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
update
« on: October 20, 2018, 09:53:29 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/science/spotted-lanternfly-invading-virginia-and-pennsylvania-could-be-most-destructive-species-in-150-years.   THIS IS WHY ! !  We all need to watch what we do in bringing plants and cuttings in to our States. This is getting very widespread very destructive something that you don't want to bring into your own Orchard
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:01:04 PM by LouisianaMojo »

Offline tonyb

• Welcome !!
Re: update
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 09:29:40 PM »
So how are we treating cuttings for shipping ?

Offline megojoe

• Figs are for Fun and Eating!!
    • Hostminis.com
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 01:34:28 PM »
Steve here,

tonyb

put all your cutting in the sink with Dawn and play with the cutting to clean them
this will help clean any stuff on the skin.

hay it helps or want hurt!! :P

Steve

Offline fettuccine

• Hiyo!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 04:03:24 PM »
Iíve been soaping up the cuttings I get too. I make a small jar of soapy water, use a clean/sterilized old toothbrush, and I lightly scrub and rinse each cutting. I also dip them in a hydrogen peroxide dilution and sulfur+water solution for any fig bud mites!
WL: Cavaliere, Pastiliere, Bourjasotte Grise, Genovese Nero AF, Negretta, Drap DíOr, true LSU OíRourke, Atreano OR, Bi-39, Sweetheart

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 10:59:32 AM »
I think the most important factor in limiting the spread of this is to watch where you getting potted plants and material from. The potting material or substrate is a good dormant place for eggs and larvae. And I really don't believe that the agriculture Departments of those states are doing enough to prevent the spread of this. It's really amazing how fast it has spread and in the quarantine areas of those States. We want to really emphasize this it's like taking a gun and pointing and pulling the trigger you just can't call back that bullet. So there's no I'm sorry or I wish I hadn't done that once your infested. The best way is just not to important thing from those infested areas. But for those who have made a mistake you really need to take a insecticide or maybe a 15% dilute solution of neem oil and spray down the Plant and your soil multiple times maybe at 5 day intervals just to be on the safe side. And remember there are a lot of places to get the same variety without having to transport cuttings out of a quarantine area