Author Topic: rooting technique  (Read 284 times)

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
rooting technique
« on: November 07, 2018, 11:43:46 AM »
This is a technique that I use when taking cuttings I save the green or tips and label them and then placing them in water jars. I use rain water or distilled water for this purpose in about 5 days you'll start seeing the root structure of white bumps growing on the cutting. I pot them up at this stage and here I just put them on my concrete pads so the bottom of the pots will transfer the heat to The Cutting. If it is cold where you're located you can put them on a Shelf in direct light so they can utilize the heat to finish Rooting this usually takes about 2 weeks. You can also use this on semi green cuttings.

Offline fettuccine

• Hiyo!
Re: rooting technique
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 03:59:48 PM »
Thanks for showing us which method works for you! Iíve tried this with paper towel ziplock bags where I pot it once bumps form. Seems the moisture/humidity difference in the transition is too great and sometimes the bumps turn orange. Iíll try it with water and pot the before the bumps push out roots this time
WL: Cavaliere, Pastiliere, Bourjasotte Grise, Genovese Nero AF, Negretta, Drap DíOr, true LSU OíRourke, Atreano OR, Bi-39, Sweetheart

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 04:14:55 PM »
We use a lot of different rooting techniques this is just one we use at this time of the year since when humidity is high. We also like rolling her cuttings up in damp newspaper for them in a ziplock bag and put them in the bottom of the refrigerator in the crisper for about 30 do 60 days the root formations usually already started and we just put them up and put them in the greenhouse. The other Technique we like using in the spring when the rainy season starts let's take the rest of the cuttings pot them up and we have an automated misting system

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 04:18:30 PM »
Update here's a couple of the cutting so we're potting up today trying to get them all done before the rain comes. Again this is about 5 days in water jars

Offline Tinyfish

• Welcome !!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 05:20:22 PM »
Looks like a very straight forward way to start cuttings.

Offline tonyb

• Welcome !!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 02:46:06 PM »
Green cuttings  started in water

Offline musman

• Welcome !!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 10:51:43 AM »
Update here's a couple of the cutting so we're potting up today trying to get them all done before the rain comes. Again this is about 5 days in water jars

As soon as the root "nibs" form you pot up? I've been waiting for a bunch of roots to grow long. Your way seems way easier. I'll have to try it.