Author Topic: Calcinera Fig  (Read 104 times)

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
Calcinera Fig
« on: November 29, 2018, 08:17:25 AM »
Wanted to share this the Calcinera and Buzzone Nero are a few figs that will literally dry down on the trees here in Southern Louisiana which is a tough act to do with high humidity one that is almost impossible they dry down to Jami texture.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 08:20:41 AM by LouisianaMojo »

Offline fettuccine

• Hiyo!
Re: Calcinera Fig
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 02:19:18 PM »
Thanks for sharing this with us! I wish I had joined earlier and seen these. I already got cuttings of many other figs before I joined and canít be adding anymore. Otherwise I wouldíve made up my collection of mostly your humidity proven varieties!
WL: Cavaliere, Pastiliere, Bourjasotte Grise, Genovese Nero AF, Negretta, Drap DíOr, true LSU OíRourke, Atreano OR, Bi-39, Sweetheart

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 03:56:17 PM »
I have a solution to your problem. Why not give the joy and a gift of life a fig tree. What a awesome gift to give your mom your dad a close neighbor one of your friends that way you can go over and still have access to eat on them. This is what I call a win-win situation

Offline Tinyfish

• Welcome !!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 09:09:53 PM »
I have a solution to your problem. Why not give the joy and a gift of life a fig tree. What a awesome gift to give your mom your dad a close neighbor one of your friends that way you can go over and still have access to eat on them. This is what I call a win-win situation

Thats a great way to get new people involed in growing figs.

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 09:51:33 PM »
Yeah I called him I catch and release program. I used to lease the kitchen out on the weekends of a delicatessen which played live music 7 days a week. The name of the place was called magoun's the oldest Delicatessen west of the Mississippi. I invented a smoked tenderloin and I had the old saying if I can get a bite in your mouth your sold. That's the same way with a fig. Just give him a potted tree once they taste one there's always room for one more potted tree. Spread the love

Offline fettuccine

• Hiyo!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 09:41:02 PM »
I just started getting figs this summer so I only have 4 trees right now but no duplicates of them so I canít give anything away yet lol. But I found my niche rooting method so Iíll have lots to give away in the spring. Iíll have more space by then :D I just have to hold back..for now hehheh
WL: Cavaliere, Pastiliere, Bourjasotte Grise, Genovese Nero AF, Negretta, Drap DíOr, true LSU OíRourke, Atreano OR, Bi-39, Sweetheart

Offline Houstonjvfigs

• Welcome !!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 02:22:22 PM »
Good looking fig, thanks for the pictures.