Author Topic: Hello from South Florida  (Read 43 times)

Draymer and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rigo007

• Welcome !!
Hello from South Florida
« on: December 06, 2018, 03:06:17 PM »
Hello everyone My name is Rigo and I live in South Florida. I am a new member and am learning how to garden. During this process, I came along some fig tree information that made me fall in love with the nature of the fig tree and its fruit. However, I've never even tasted a fig...lol

I went ahead and bought a brown Turkey fig tree which was not in the best of shapes and after a few months, I can say it is now a pretty happy looking tree and has little fruits growing all over the place. Baby sitting this tree got me even deeper into wanting to learn more about fig trees and so I bought some brown turkey and celeste fig tree cuttings. I figure I give it a try and propagate some trees to expand the amount of trees I want ( just a couple more).

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello from South Florida
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 07:23:09 AM »
Welcome and if you've never tasted a fig before your taste buds are in for a real treat. A very unique explosion of sugars and juices surrounding your taste buds all at once trying to decipher the different flavors

Offline Rigo007

• Welcome !!
Re: Hello from South Florida
« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:00:50 PM »
Thank you and I cant wait to try one to be honest. I've read so much and started hrowing 2 basic varieties already (brown Turkey and celeste).