Author Topic: Lots and lots of free stuff coming your way  (Read 1510 times)

Ferg795 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ary4ever

• Welcome !!
Re: Lots and lots of free stuff coming your way
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2018, 10:39:39 PM »
Thank you.

Offline Tinyfish

• Welcome !!
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 08:19:15 AM »
Hello fig lovers...

Is it ok to offer/pay for the shipping of the free cuttings, or is that a no no.

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 08:54:45 AM »
It's fine to offer to pay for shipping or to pay for shipping. I don't expect anybody to absorb the cost of shipping free items like we do here. But we do know what the cost of shipping here is in the United States. We know of people that have asked on the other forum for $50 to ship one cutting. The point that we are making here if you join to try to solicit  selling cuttings and plants like on other forms and groups you have definitely join for the wrong reasons for here we've been around all these tactics and they won't be tolerated. Are security here pics up on keywords even in your messages. There are lots of places for you to sell your products eBay fig bid Amazon I think everyone knows that I (Removed Word) but it's not here this is a place for fig enthusiast to share varieties and information pretty simple. So if you haven't read the rules I would do so because they will be enforced and it's not going to take long to weed out people that did join for the wrong reasons. For the members that were online last night there was a new member that joined up and posted some in inappropriate news about the NFL I didn't really take time to read it but they were issued a warning and we're tagged to be watched and the posting was deleted within 5 minutes they reposted in another area they were banned for life and the posting was removed again very quickly. We love the way the membership is growing at a rapid rate and we know sometimes people make a mistake but it shouldn't be on the two rules we have so our policy is you will get one warning for that violation the second time you're banned for life and there are no exceptions. We hate to sound like a dictatorship because that's not why we put this group together we're just trying to make it very clear that these rules will be enforced for the protection of all members.

Offline fettuccine

• Hiyo!
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 04:13:36 PM »
Iíd like to pay for the actual postage if I receive anything. Itís the least I could do when you take into consideration the time to prepare and go to the post office to send it.

Btw LouisianaMojo, I donít plan to do any soliciting here but are we allowed to ask for the places where any of our members do sell? You said you sell sometimes and I would like to take a look wherever it is you list stuff. I hope I this doesnít get picked up as soliciting
WL: Cavaliere, Pastiliere, Bourjasotte Grise, Genovese Nero AF, Negretta, Drap DíOr, true LSU OíRourke, Atreano OR, Bi-39, Sweetheart

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 10:07:18 AM »
 on the internet there are many places to sell if you Google figs for (Removed Word) there will be a listing. I (Removed Word) eBay and fig bid. I (Removed Word) under need cash now and Southern figs. the reason we have no soliciting or selling here on our forum is because the chaos it creates. so we've had a few that have joined for the wrong reasons and thought that they could private message somebody and do this which they found out they couldn't and have been banded. we could have another 4000 members if we allowed this but we're here as fig enthusiasm not to be in competition with each other. And we don't believe in having a list of reliable sellers because your labeling people. but you can read about all the chaos and headaches on other forums. so these are the members were looking for the fig enthusiastic. But we will have something special for our members about February 2019 the other groups will really be messing out is all I can tell you right now
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 03:28:11 PM by LouisianaMojo »

Offline fettuccine

• Hiyo!
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 02:37:15 PM »
I remember seeing the atmosphere change in the old f4f posts. There are also some people who arenít as social or open to using a forum on a regular basis. I typically keep to myself and I often need to light a fire behind me to check the forums often.

And thank you mojo! I wanted to be sure of who I received cuttings from so I can show my appreciation. So again, thank you!
WL: Cavaliere, Pastiliere, Bourjasotte Grise, Genovese Nero AF, Negretta, Drap DíOr, true LSU OíRourke, Atreano OR, Bi-39, Sweetheart

Offline ary4ever

• Welcome !!
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2018, 06:38:43 PM »
agree!!

Offline tonyb

• Welcome !!
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 09:19:59 PM »
What is the free tree for November and how do I enter ?