Author Topic: Lots and lots of free stuff coming your way  (Read 11783 times)

Offline MaryLongIsland

• Hi
Re: Lots and lots of free stuff coming your way
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2019, 08:15:14 PM »
New here-I think I'm going to like this forum  :)
Wish List: Azores dark, Black Madeira, Col de Dame Blanc, Golden Riverside , Socorro Black,  Black Zadar

Offline Newbie2figs

• Love fruit trees!
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2019, 10:55:17 PM »
Just signed up last week, This forum is so generous and welcoming ,Love the fact that they should want to send figs all over USA to spread the variety, Lot of people don't know that's theirs ombre than 3, for example here in my area they just offer Brown Turkey ,Celeste and Kadota.
Love to taste different figs from all over the world!
Mario
Zone 9a Tx
Wishlist:,CALDERONA,Azores dark,Black Tuscan, Thermilito,Mutante and crazy for stripped figs

Offline OhioJoe

• Welcome !!
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 08:16:49 PM »
I could see a craven's craving for the monthly give away. What do you think? Could it be a possibility?

Offline swmofigger

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2019, 08:25:25 PM »
I am still learning about some of the popular varieties. I would love to acquire a Violette de Bordeaux.
But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid

Online LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2019, 08:28:54 PM »
That's it ? Make at your wishlist I'll send you some cuttings this weekend anything to help a new member out

Offline swmofigger

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2019, 08:39:55 PM »
Thanks so much. I appreciate how friendly and willing to help others you are.  Let me know if I can help further this group in any way.
But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »
swmofigger,

You create your Wish List(WL) in you profile under “Signature” section.  You probably already know this but just in case.
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger),  Roberts Golden Rainbow, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Dall Oso, Thermalito, any CdD

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Dwarf(4’ variety), Red & Praying hands).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline Yoyo27983

• New grower
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2019, 07:32:24 PM »
Hi all, just getting started in figs, love persimmons also.
Looking for something that can survive 7b or 8a climates. But have a few in pots.
GOT FIGS?
Looking for smith, yellow longneck.

Offline Richnbr

• Welcome !!
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2019, 06:09:03 PM »
I would like to see varieties that do well in the south (LA) don’t split and have “BAM, stars, fireworks” awesome kind of flavors. That’s all
Wish list: Hunt, colonel Littmans black cross , louisiana strawberry,LSU Red ,White Madera #1, Buzzone Nero anything that tastes awesome and does well in central Louisiana zone 9a

Offline Gofigure

• Welcome !!
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2020, 01:28:05 PM »
This is such an awesome site , I'm relatively new and already I have won a tree , and  variety that I would probably not have owned , if it were not for SFF.
I have looked at different threads , trying to find out how to go about paying for the shipping of trees that are won.
Thanks again for a great site!
WL : Anything really but these would be nice - any LSU , Figo Preto , CCraving , MIB , Adriatic JH , Thermolito , CDDAnything , Bourjasotte Noir, Raspberry Latte , Golden Riverside , Buzzone Nero, Edith's Raspberry Jam , CLBC , Hative d'Argentile , I-258

Offline figskeez

• Welcome !!
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2020, 01:38:22 PM »
I would like to see some shorter season varieties for my area, the pacific northwest. Here in southern Oregon we see mostly mission and desert king figs in the markets and for (Removed Word) at nurseries. I've also seen some latterula, white kadota, and tiger panache, the latter of which the nursery gal said wouldn't ripen figs. It would be great for our locals to be able to try different fig varieties that would prosper in our region. I haven't tasted a really good fresh fig since I moved here. I'm sure there are a few in backyard gardens, just haven't found many yet.

Hey figWillie. I have heard that Olympian fig is a good variety for that climate. I think the story goes that "Oympian" was found in Olympia Washington growing in the wild. I have a 3yr old Olympian and a couple of air layers from last season. I plan to take one or two more air layers this year as well. If they live, I would be glad to send you one to try out if you'd like!
Wish List: Paratjal Rimada, I-258, Smith, LDA, RDB, Ithaca, Strawberry Verte, Emerald Strawberry, LSU Strawberry, Colonel Littman's BC, Popone.

Offline AtlantaFig

• Fig addict and can never be cured.
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2020, 08:21:21 PM »
This is such an awesome site , I'm relatively new and already I have won a tree , and  variety that I would probably not have owned , if it were not for SFF.
I have looked at different threads , trying to find out how to go about paying for the shipping of trees that are won.

Hi Gofigure, if you look at the bottom of the site, you will see a PayPal donation button. Click it and you can pay for the shipping there. In the comment column put the reason for the payment and the reason is paying for the shipping cost of the fig you won. If you have any question we are here to help you.
Wishlist: LSU Red, Socorro Black, I-258, CDD Blanc, CDD Noir, CDD Rimada, Thermalito, White Madeira, Black Madeira dwarf, Lebanese Red, Golden Celeste, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Figs. Giant Brown Turkey, Excel, Mutant Fig, Yellow Lebanese, Improved Celeste.

Online LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2020, 11:04:05 PM »

Hi Gofigure, if you look at the bottom of the site, you will see a PayPal donation button. Click it and you can pay for the shipping there. In the comment column put the reason for the payment and the reason is paying for the shipping cost of the fig you won. If you have any question we are here to help you.

first of all you need to go to the rules and read the rules item number 4 and 5.  that donation button is not for shipping cost of trees won

Offline TXFIG

• Welcome !!
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2020, 02:08:46 PM »
Awesome !
Italian 258, LSU Red, LSU Scott's Black, Socorro Blk, Turca, Italian Blk, Blk Ischia, *JD's Giant  Negra, Smith, Sangue, Coll De Dama Rimada,  Ischia Black.                             
WL: Muscadine Grapes, Tree Collard

WL: Varg Ban, mango, grapes, blackberry

Offline chepe77

• Tico Gardener
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2020, 09:00:02 PM »
Great website!!!
Wish List:  col de dame Blanc, sanguinato, col de dame rimada, Black ischia, RDB, white madeira, LSU Red,  Raspberry Latte, Golden Riverside