Author Topic: Southernfigsforum 1st anniversary  (Read 2197 times)

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
Southernfigsforum 1st anniversary
« on: July 25, 2019, 09:45:47 AM »
We are happy to announce this month marks the first year anniversary for the southernfigsforum. This has been a lot of work for us here on southernfigsforum.

We also created a lot of controversy with our format with the idea of sharing. This isn't a New Concept it's an old concept one many clubs and groups used to do they used to share their varieties to make it affordable to own.

In doing so we also created a lot of resistance and have been attacked both here on the Southernfigsforum and personally. Some members might have observe this this morning on attack that we had right here.

We call these people the Fig Mafia they want to control the market and the pricing on fig varieties. These individuals and groups definitely don't approve of us giving away rare new varieties of figs. My guess is that were hurting their bottom line in order for them to make money.

Well here on Southern figs we love to share and give away free .cuttings and fig trees to our fellow fig enthusiast and members here on the forum. Our only request is that you share the same generosity to a new member here.

Southernfigsforum is here to stay. If you look up and Google us on any fig varieties we have posted you will see us in the top page of the search results.

We are now getting top ratings and started to be discovered everywhere and we've only been around for one year. We are growing at a very very rapid right now thanks to Fig enthusiast and to all you members let us say thank you and thank you very much for being part of a group that really matters.

Offline Swamplife

• Think you can't change the world? Eat a raw bat.
Re: Southernfigsforum 1st anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 10:31:30 AM »
J.D., we thank you and Steve for creating this forum and all the hard work you do. You both rock. there is no way I would have the Dr. Clark fig if it had not been for you and this forum. So I will say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the forum and may there be many, many more!!!!
Wish List: Louisiana Lightening, Smith Fig, Dall' OSSO Fig, Socorro Black, BB-10,LSU Gold, LSU Thibodaux, LSU Jack Lily, LSU O'Rourke, UCR 184-15,Colonel Litman's Black Cross, Orphan fig, Adriatic JH, Ice Cream Banana, any variety banana,

Offline Jhawka10

• Welcome !!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 12:03:51 PM »
Congrats , n happy anniversery!
Wish List: Izmir, Genovese Nero, Noir de Barbentane, LSU Red, Pastiliere, Col de Dame Blanc, Black Zadar, Golden Riverside, Red Lebanese Bakka, Socorro Black, Figo Preto, Marseilles Black,Col de Dame Noir/Grise/ blanc, Bourjasotte Grise

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 12:50:05 PM »
JD and Steve,

Thank you guys for starting this site cause of you guys people that canít offered expensive trees have a huge chance of owning one.  Very happy to be part of this site and group and will be happy to someday share what I have in my collection.

Happy anniversary Southern!!!
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger),  Roberts Golden Rainbow, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Dall Oso, Thermalito, any CdD

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Dwarf(4í variety), Red, Praying hands & multiple pod). 

Louisiana, 9a

Offline figWillie

• Welcome !!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 01:08:15 PM »
Thank you JD and Steve for all the info and the free gifts. Giving things away in a capitalistic society rarely goes over well. Thank you guys for being two of the good ones. Your generosity will carry on to others. Happy anniversary!
Want list: #1-Qalaat al Madiq #2- black Zadar, #3 LSU Red, #4 Ben's Golden Riverside/Robert's Golden Rainbow Black #5-Black Madiera/Madiera Island black.

Offline GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
  • Smile as you pass through!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 05:28:35 AM »
Happy Anniversary.  I hope you do bring down the prices.  They have gotten ridiculous.  I'll definitely be sharing when I get a little growth.
Want -Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDR, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, LSU Tiger, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Thermalito, Louisiana Lightning, Luv, LA Green Honey,Brooklyn White, Zingarella,Stella

Offline opiem10

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 12:31:15 PM »
As a newbie to fig growing, I have found this site so helpful and in so many ways.   Thanks JD and Steve for all your efforts starting the site.   And the Pay it Forward philosophy is contagious.     I just gave away my first two fig plants this past week.   I will be offering a Malta Black and Adriatic JH in the months of August and Sept to keep the giving going.   Now, I just need to perfect the packaging to minimize the damage from overzealous USPS employees.   :)
Wish List:White Madeira, Buzzone Nero, Colonel Littman Black Cross, BB-10, Cravens Craving, Golden Riverside, St Rita, Black Zadar, Violet Sepor, D'all Osso, Col de Dame Rimada, Orphan, Socorro Black

Offline efletche

• Welcome !!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 10:05:57 AM »
I for one, have been very happy and satisfied since I found this site. Please keep up all the good work!
want list: Campaniere , Dels Ermitans, Little Miss Figgy, LSU Red Fig extraordinary, Raspberry Tart, Ham Rham, U. Prosciutto, Labritja, Louisiana Lightning, Buzzone Nero, . Vigorous and thornless Blackberry and Raspberry plants, La swamp fig, sour orange seeds (to be used as rootstock)

Offline Richnbr

• Welcome !!
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 11:19:41 AM »
JD and Steve, thank you for starting this forum and making these rare varieties available to everyone
Wish list: Hunt, colonel Littmans black cross , louisiana strawberry,LSU Red ,White Madera #1, Buzzone Nero anything that tastes awesome and does well in central Louisiana zone 9a

Offline MichaelR

• Hello!!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 12:36:39 PM »
Happy Anniversary!

JD, thank you for what you do for the community!
From Austin, TX 8B. Super excited about figs!

Wishlist: JD's LSU Red, LSU Jack Lily, LSU St. Gabriel, Blue Celeste, Black Celeste, Cajun Honey, TX BA-1, Pellegrino, Buzzone Nero, Pissaluto, Zaffiro, persistant caprifigs, any favorite unknowns or heirlooms

Online AtlantaFig

• Fig addict and can never be cured.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 01:38:12 PM »
Happy Belated Birthday. Thank you JD and Steve for creating this forum. Money is not everything but love and friendship is everything. I can't wait for next year for me to share my rare fig cuttings. Southernfigsforum has come to stay and by God's grace Southernfigsforum will succeed in every way.
Wishlist: LSU Red, Socorro Black, I-258, CDD Blanc, CDD Noir, CDD Rimada, Thermalito, White Madeira, Black Madeira dwarf, Lebanese Red, Golden Celeste, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Figs. Giant Brown Turkey, Excel, Mutant Fig, Yellow Lebanese, Improved Celeste.