Author Topic: Southernfigsforum 1st anniversary  (Read 1032 times)

Online LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
Southernfigsforum 1st anniversary
« on: July 25, 2019, 09:45:47 AM »
We are happy to announce this month marks the first year anniversary for the southernfigsforum. This has been a lot of work for us here on southernfigsforum.

We also created a lot of controversy with our format with the idea of sharing. This isn't a New Concept it's an old concept one many clubs and groups used to do they used to share their varieties to make it affordable to own.

In doing so we also created a lot of resistance and have been attacked both here on the Southernfigsforum and personally. Some members might have observe this this morning on attack that we had right here.

We call these people the Fig Mafia they want to control the market and the pricing on fig varieties. These individuals and groups definitely don't approve of us giving away rare new varieties of figs. My guess is that were hurting their bottom line in order for them to make money.

Well here on Southern figs we love to share and give away free .cuttings and fig trees to our fellow fig enthusiast and members here on the forum. Our only request is that you share the same generosity to a new member here.

Southernfigsforum is here to stay. If you look up and Google us on any fig varieties we have posted you will see us in the top page of the search results.

We are now getting top ratings and started to be discovered everywhere and we've only been around for one year. We are growing at a very very rapid right now thanks to Fig enthusiast and to all you members let us say thank you and thank you very much for being part of a group that really matters.

Offline Swamplife

Re: Southernfigsforum 1st anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 10:31:30 AM »
J.D., we thank you and Steve for creating this forum and all the hard work you do. You both rock. there is no way I would have the Dr. Clark fig if it had not been for you and this forum. So I will say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the forum and may there be many, many more!!!!
You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
 Robert Louis Stevenson
Wish List: Louisiana Lightening, Smith Fig, Dall' OSSO Fig

Offline Jhawka10

• Welcome !!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 12:03:51 PM »
Congrats , n happy anniversery!
Figs are Fun!!
Wish List:  Smith, I-258, Col de Dame Blanc, Black Zadar, Golden Riverside and Red Lebanese Bakka

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 12:50:05 PM »
JD and Steve,

Thank you guys for starting this site cause of you guys people that canít offered expensive trees have a huge chance of owning one.  Very happy to be part of this site and group and will be happy to someday share what I have in my collection.

Happy anniversary Southern!!!
WL:  Marseilles Black, Panache Tiger, Italian 258 and Dall Oso

Offline figWillie

• Welcome !!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 01:08:15 PM »
Thank you JD and Steve for all the info and the free gifts. Giving things away in a capitalistic society rarely goes over well. Thank you guys for being two of the good ones. Your generosity will carry on to others. Happy anniversary!
I'm interested in trying some of these popular varieties to see how they do and compare in my area, Smith, Black Madiera, Madiera Island black, Qalaat al Madiq, Ben's Golden Riverside, Robert's Golden Rainbow, black Zadar, or any other awesome fig tree!

Offline GJRoberts

• Welcome !!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 05:28:35 AM »
Happy Anniversary.  I hope you do bring down the prices.  They have gotten ridiculous.  I'll definitely be sharing when I get a little growth.
Want List - Buzzone Nero, Pellegrino, Ben's Golden Riverside, Dr. Clark, Col. Littman, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, CdDR, LSU Tiger, LSU Gold, CdDBN, White Maderia, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Anything put out by LSU,   Anything that will grow in SW Florida.  I have 20 acres to fill up!

Offline opiem10

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 12:31:15 PM »
As a newbie to fig growing, I have found this site so helpful and in so many ways.   Thanks JD and Steve for all your efforts starting the site.   And the Pay it Forward philosophy is contagious.     I just gave away my first two fig plants this past week.   I will be offering a Malta Black and Adriatic JH in the months of August and Sept to keep the giving going.   Now, I just need to perfect the packaging to minimize the damage from overzealous USPS employees.   :)
John Marcsisin