Author Topic: The EXP 24 hybrid fig  (Read 491 times)

Online LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
The EXP 24 hybrid fig
« on: August 13, 2019, 10:08:31 AM »
We should be posting this in the backyard scientist but a lot of people have been looking and reading articles here.

This is an update showing the two different varieties of figs growing on the EXP 24 as the main crop. The brownish skin Variety is like a giant brown turkey similar and taste but better in my opinion. The yellow greenish skin with Amber pulp is awesome tasting honey fig I mean it does taste like honey.

This hybrid also produces three crops. We posted these photos on social media Facebook because our friend mr. Rago 007 had been bad mouthing are scientific and fig breeding program here.

Now I think he has egg on his face. One should watch what they post on social media when they have very little knowledge of what they are talking about. Enjoy

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
Re: The EXP 24 hybrid fig
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 10:38:05 AM »
They look amazing and wow on the size
WL:  LSU(Red(JDís) & Tiger), Roberts Golden Rainbow, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Smith and Dall Oso

South Louisiana, 9a

Offline Swamplife

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 11:06:53 AM »
They do look amazing!! If you need any help with testing areas, you can count on me.....just sayin
Wish List: Louisiana Lightening, Smith Fig, Dall' OSSO Fig, Socorro Black, LSU Red

Offline Jhawka10

• Welcome !!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 12:48:53 PM »
That's pretty cool!
Figs are Fun!!
Wish List: Noir de Barbentane, LSU Red, Col de Dame Noir, Col de Dame Grise, Pastiliere, Col de Dame Blanc, Black Zadar, Golden Riverside and Red Lebanese Bakka, Socorro Black, Figo Preto, Dame Noir, Col de Dame Grise, Bourjasotte Grise, White Bronx, Smith, I-258, Panache

Online THB1961

• Welcome !!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 02:45:15 PM »
When this is ready I would like to test this and other figs you may have to test in PA
WL: CdDRoja, Yellow Longneck, Dall Osso, Black Ishia, Louisiana Lightning, Col. Littman, LSU figs, Cravens Craving, Ge Neri, Emalyns purple, Pink Jerusalem, Stellato, Cajun Gold, Ponte Tresa, Syrian Honey, Vasilika Sika, Afghan-E, honey figs of all kinds, and new figs.

Offline figjam

• Always Learning
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 05:37:17 PM »
That is pretty amazing, JD, are they in different stages of ripeness hence the color differences, or do they actually ripen in two different colors?
Zone 9a, Houston, Texas

Online LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 06:34:01 PM »
This is the main crop they ripen at the same time please examine the photos they are on the same branch and they are cut in half.

The first cop is a huge Brown fig and the last crop is a purple fig this tree produces figs all year.

Offline Jhawka10

• Welcome !!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 06:52:06 PM »
Very, very nice!!!!!
Figs are Fun!!
Wish List: Noir de Barbentane, LSU Red, Col de Dame Noir, Col de Dame Grise, Pastiliere, Col de Dame Blanc, Black Zadar, Golden Riverside and Red Lebanese Bakka, Socorro Black, Figo Preto, Dame Noir, Col de Dame Grise, Bourjasotte Grise, White Bronx, Smith, I-258, Panache

Offline Swamplife

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 07:26:23 PM »
MAN, those look great!!
Wish List: Louisiana Lightening, Smith Fig, Dall' OSSO Fig, Socorro Black, LSU Red

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 11:13:26 AM »
Ok, ok you convinced me, where do I get one...   JD and Steve are doing amazing work.  Canít wait to see the final product
WL:  LSU(Red(JDís) & Tiger), Roberts Golden Rainbow, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Smith and Dall Oso

South Louisiana, 9a