Author Topic: Chat  (Read 901 times)

Offline THB1961

• Welcome !!
Chat
« on: September 21, 2019, 05:14:48 AM »
Where did the chat bar at bottom of page go?
WL: CdDRoja, Yellow Longneck, Dall Osso, Black Ishia, Louisiana Lightning, Col. Littman, LSU figs, Cravens Craving, Ge Neri, Emalyns purple, Pink Jerusalem, Stellato, Cajun Gold, Ponte Tresa, Syrian Honey, Vasilika Sika, Afghan-E, honey figs of all kinds, and new figs.

Online LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
Re: Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 09:01:43 AM »
We are working on having a dedicated page for chat so we can have fig bingo. The program at the bottom of the page was having conflict with what we were trying to do. In order have fig bingo it needs to be for Members Only

Offline THB1961

• Welcome !!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 07:33:22 PM »
Thank you
WL: CdDRoja, Yellow Longneck, Dall Osso, Black Ishia, Louisiana Lightning, Col. Littman, LSU figs, Cravens Craving, Ge Neri, Emalyns purple, Pink Jerusalem, Stellato, Cajun Gold, Ponte Tresa, Syrian Honey, Vasilika Sika, Afghan-E, honey figs of all kinds, and new figs.

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
  • Figs are for Fun and Eating!!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 11:26:49 PM »
Steve here,

it is not easy to add achat to members link with there member name in it

you can go here and I tell you how to use it

1. click the Gues#### next to the text bar  and it will ask for you members name just put the one you use on the forum

https://southernfigsforum.com/chat/

one day I will get it all fixed up maybe

woof

Steve
Be Nice to each other and good to your figs and cuttings may come your way all for free. southernfigsforum.com

Online LouisianaMojo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 12:16:55 PM »
You may remember seeing the chat button on the bottom of the page on southernfigsforum earlier. Steve's been working on the code so this remains private to Members Only.

Regular chat software has it to where visitors can come in and ask questions and join in this is something that we didn't want. we do not want visitors seeing or  trying to post in our Bingo free giveaways.

You may think and say that southernfigsforum has enough free giveaways. I say not ! ! We are always thinking and trying to come up with new ways for exciting giveaways. You have got to have Dat' fig Thursday And Crazy Cajun Friday giveaways plus Sunday Sunday Sunday football beer giveaways.

And that doesn't count all the other free giveaways that are going on on southernfigsforum now that we have random members are giving a lot of varieties away now so you never know when what day and what time this may happen.

We are already in the process for next year 2020 to have the most massive tree giveaways that will ever be seen on social media a lot of these are very well sought after high-end varieties sorry no fig Mafia. So now we are very very close something that I know a lot of people knew we have been working on for quite a while Live Fig Bingo Night ! !

A idea that I came up with quite a while back to have a live fig Bingo night to give away free trees and cuttings to all the Fig Enthusiast we have here. Just one more way to have a special way to give away fig trees and cutting that we think will be very exciting.

Now what we're looking for now Are suggestion what night and time frames that we should hold this please post your ideas thanks JD
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 12:19:35 PM by LouisianaMojo »

Online opiem10

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 01:34:03 PM »
Hi JD,
      I don't know if there will ever be one day or time that will accommodate all members' schedules.  To be considerate of both coasts, I'd propose some time between 8-9:30pm Eastern or 5-6:30 Pacific as the start time on a week night.   Stay away from Friday because it may be date night.   Hopefully, most people would be out of work and not yet ready for sleep.   Just my opinion.   I would try to participate on any day or time the Bingo takes place.
Wish List: Smith, White Madeira, Buzzone Nero, Black Bethlehem, Brooklyn White, Cravens Craving, Golden Riverside, St Rita

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 06:07:33 PM »
Steve here,

Dam it's Cold this morning  I think I am gone to go hide.

will we gone to see what the white panache gone to do die are make it this winter

air ing some coco to do some more black buckets rooting in cups no holes with a little help lab rooting in the coco

Dark rooting slow but 98% sure.

Just typing around the bush to cool go hide and turn on HBO and watch True blood again supper movie. have to see it 2 time.

No more game of thrones   the end suck so what happen to the little babies that was offered to them from the wildlings father and daughters goss .

I used up 20 packs of coco so for now I have to go order more from here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M98KOP3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

well i guess its time to quit farting around

Steve junk stuff because its cold Boss

Steve
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 06:10:10 PM by Administrator »
Be Nice to each other and good to your figs and cuttings may come your way all for free. southernfigsforum.com

Online opiem10

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 07:14:47 PM »
Steve,
      You are getting ripped off on your coir purchase through Amazon.    You won't be able to buy too many jars of pigs lips paying for little bricks.   LOL.   Try Walmart.com and search for coconut coir.   It's $7.97 for an 8 pound block.   Around Labor Day, it was $5 a block at my local Walmart in the clearance section.   I have ten 8lb blocks ready for rooting and for potting in the spring.   Next year, I may buy 20 blocks for that $5 price.
Wish List: Smith, White Madeira, Buzzone Nero, Black Bethlehem, Brooklyn White, Cravens Craving, Golden Riverside, St Rita

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 09:24:38 PM »
Steve,
If you liked Game of thrones, have you tried Stranger Things.  There is also Outer space, now that one only has 1 season.  After those shows I am out.
WL:  LSU(Red(JDs) & Tiger), Roberts Golden Rainbow, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Smith, Dall Oso and Brooklyn White

South Louisiana, 9a

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 11:08:32 PM »
Steve,
If you liked Game of thrones, have you tried Stranger Things.  There is also Outer space, now that one only has 1 season.  After those shows I am out.

O O o  yes I seen the first one Stranger Things.  away the wimp that get girl  now the a part 2 is it out yet I will be laid back this is a creep show a new turn ever time.

cool show just hope part 2 is too and not a bust like the end of game of Throne  lol.

Steve

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 11:29:58 PM »
Steve,
      You are getting ripped off on your coir purchase through Amazon.    You won't be able to buy too many jars of pigs lips paying for little bricks.   LOL.   Try Walmart.com and search for coconut coir.   It's $7.97 for an 8 pound block.   Around Labor Day, it was $5 a block at my local Walmart in the clearance section.   I have ten 8lb blocks ready for rooting and for potting in the spring.   Next year, I may buy 20 blocks for that $5 price.

Yes I know but I like the coffee grind type they have more cleaner too me and work good in my lab watered mix I have been using for fast rooting in dark tubs.  will I hope it will be working ok rooting 300 or more cutting for all of yall members only on southern figs.

This is what Me and JD talked about. gaven away high end fig trees  .

and yes I may have to change to walmart coco bricks just don't like the size of the coco grind s  .

it all works good .

I like to soak or wet the coco in Radix 5 Gallon Laboratory Grade Plant Rooting Hormone for Cuttings
to help all the cuttings root faster  and also using in cloners to root and clone jasmins, fruit trees for RD so she can S.e.L.LI better (Removed Word) more hosting or cuttings or fig trees  .woofSteve
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 11:32:20 PM by Administrator »

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 11:38:24 AM »
Steve,

O O o  yes I seen the first one Stranger Things.  away the wimp that get girl  now the a part 2 is it out yet I will be laid back this is a creep show a new turn ever time.

cool show just hope part 2 is too and not a bust like the end of game of Throne  lol.

Steve

Steve,

Yes sir Stranger Things has 3 seasons on Netflix.  Lost in Space has 1 season but a 2nd is coming.  They changed it from the original series when I was little. 
WL:  LSU(Red(JDs) & Tiger), Roberts Golden Rainbow, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Smith, Dall Oso and Brooklyn White

South Louisiana, 9a

Online opiem10

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2019, 11:47:34 AM »
Steve,
Thanks for introducing Radix into my future rooting attempts.   Since I use barely moist coir (and yes, the Walmart coir is like coffee grinds), would I just moisten the coir with the diluted Radix solution (1ml per gallon) before i coat the cutting with Clonex and place it in the coir and then place the rooting box on my seedling mats?   

Do you also water young rooted cuttings with the Radix solution?   It states that it can be used from seedling stage on.   If it helps with figs rooting faster and better, I am more than willing to give it a try.