Author Topic: Hello from New York  (Read 135 times)

Online Figs_Italy

• Welcome !!
Hello from New York
« on: September 24, 2019, 08:56:22 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Jeffrey from New York City. I purchased a house two years ago and was looking to plant something at my front yard, after seeing a Brown Turkey at every neighbor's front yard, i tasted it and decided to get a better variety that can survive in zone 7b. After doing some research online, I wish there is just one fig tree with 2 or 3 best tasting varieties (not grafted, because of die back..), i'm very glad that i found this forum and enthusiasts that never gave up creating better variety for the fig lovers.

I love planting, grafting, and tissue culture, but i am not a agriculturist. Love the experiment but TC, but material turns out to be way too expensive to play. So i will watch ya doing it, meanwhile, i watch my fig trees grow and do air layering to share.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:22:42 PM by Figs_Italy »
Wish list: I-258, Thermalito, WM#1

Offline Jhawka10

• Welcome !!
Re: Hello from New York
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 10:17:41 PM »
Welcome aboard Figs_Italy. I have seen some of your posts already.  Hope you enjoy the forum.
Figs are Fun!!
Wish List:  Pastiliere, Smith, I-258, Col de Dame Blanc, Black Zadar, Golden Riverside and Red Lebanese Bakka, Socorro Black, White Bronx

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
  • Figs are for Fun and Eating!!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 10:19:20 PM »
Steve here

Welcome and enjoy

Steve
Be Nice to each other and good to your figs and cuttings may come your way all for free. southernfigsforum.com

Offline deerhunter16

• Welcome !!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 12:00:32 AM »
Hi and enjoy
John z7a
Wish list:  Barnsotto, Black ischia

Online Swamplife

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 07:48:48 AM »
Welcome to the forum
Wish List: Louisiana Lightening, Smith Fig, Dall' OSSO Fig, Socorro Black

Offline figWillie

• Welcome !!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 05:30:00 PM »
Welcome Jeffrey! Thanks for your generosity in sharing, and don't forget to make a wishlist on your profile. Free stuff may be coming your way! There are lots of tasty varieties you can grow in pots.
Want list: #1-Qalaat al Madiq #2- black Zadar, #3 Ben's Golden Riverside/Robert's Golden Rainbow, #4 Black Madiera/Madiera Island black, #5-Smith.