Author Topic: Southern Figs Orchard List of Trees lost to Laura  (Read 341 times)

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
Southern Figs Orchard List of Trees lost to Laura
« on: November 26, 2020, 11:32:56 AM »
Kadota, Longue de Aout, Sierra, Black Mission, Italian Celeste, White Adriatic, Brown Greek, Black Bethlehem, Louisiana Green Honey, Hardy Chicago, LSU Purple, Zodeia Mavra, Gota del Mel, Gustissino Rosetta, Dr. Clark, Qalaat al Madig.                                                                   

LSU Red, LSU Black ?,Oro Gold, Olympian, Len, Alma, Ischia, LSU Champagne, Martinenca Rimda, LSU Hollier, Oro Blanca, LSU Gold, LSU Everbearing, Hunt, LSU Scott's Black, Graza 3#, Hwy 4849, LSU THibodaux, LSU ?, LSU Jack lily, White Lyndhush, White Madeira #1, Maltese Falcon, DR, Gowaty, Saint Agostino, Morisca, Monticello Marseillies, Cajun Gold, MBVS,                           

Troiano Calabrese, Dr. Monticello's, Carini RG, Shiblawi, Izbat an Naj, Nero Borgiotto, K-7-11, Cdd bi/color mutant, Palazzo, Judy, Excel, Pap Jon, Greek BC Asprasyka, White Lebanese, Yellow Long Neck,Zingarella, Conadria, Cajun bomb, White Triana, LSU Black, LSU Tiger, Yellow Greek, Black Socooro, Rossa Rotonda, UNK Italian, Sweet George, Dalmatie, C"est Bon, Early Violet, Violet Sepor,                                                                                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                        Jon Helmut, Black Tuscan, Fillacciano, Vignazza, Sanvito, Buzzone Nero, Pissaluto, Monaco, Oregon, Calcinera, Green Honey 2#, Rudy 4#,Dattero, MD Parlan, Black Madreira, Rossellino, TP-FG-0001, Black Jack, Golden Riverside, Albacor Comuna, Dall' OSSO, LSU White Honey, LSU Scott's Yellow,  LSU Jack Lily, LSU DC-2, LSU DC-7, LSU Strawberry, LSU-156, LSU O'Rourke, TGF, Nero Genovese, Vasillika Bellclare, Vasillika Herman, Callara, Nordland, LSU Red (east coast), Black Sicilian, Red Lebanese Bekka, Pellegrino,                                                                                                                                                                       
                                                                                                                                                                                       Figo Branca, TX BA-1, Red Libya, D' al Fonso del Sordo, Markopoula, Green Geno BC, Saint Anthony, Hmari, Marroncino,   Brooklyn Light, Pelligrino (Vinny), Paradiso, Pendolino, Batigese, Osborne Prolific, TP-FG-0003, Verde Ficazzana, Golden Celeste, Cdd B/N, White Sicilian, Jelly.                                                                                                                                                       

These were mature trees in Southern figs Orchard 1# that Hurricane Laura destroyed and wipe out if you would like to help rebuild Southern Figs Orchard 1# and have some of these varieties please contact us

Online opiem10

Re: Southern Figs Orchard List of Trees lost to Laura
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 11:41:10 AM »
Hi JD,   I thought I posted a reply earlier today, but it looks like the post never listed.  When you are ready to re-start your orchard, reach out to our members.  I am sure we can each pitch in a little and get you on the road to fig recovery.   I have several of the varieties you lost.  While my plants are mostly young and small, I am sure that I can either air layer some by next summer or have cuttings next fall.   

I can't possibly imagine the devastation you have to dig out from.   At least you got out of harm's way and have that opportunity.   Stay well.
Wish List: BB-10, Ben's Golden Rainbow, Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Col de Dam Gegantina, Col de Dam Mutante, Col de Dame Rimada, Constantine D'Algerie, Cravens Craving,  D'all Osso,  De la Roca, Orphan, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, White Madeira #1

Offline GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
  • Smile as you pass through!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 11:48:48 AM »
Hi JD,   I thought I posted a reply earlier today, but it looks like the post never listed.  When you are ready to re-start your orchard, reach out to our members.  I am sure we can each pitch in a little and get you on the road to fig recovery.   I have several of the varieties you lost.  While my plants are mostly young and small, I am sure that I can either air layer some by next summer or have cuttings next fall.   

I can't possibly imagine the devastation you have to dig out from.   At least you got out of harm's way and have that opportunity.   Stay well.

DITTO!
Want -Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, LSU Tiger, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Thermalito, LA Lightning, Luv, Brooklyn White, Zingarella,Stella,LA-BB, Maltese Beauty

Offline Ms Figgy

• Global Moderator
  • Bless others with FIGS!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 09:02:14 AM »
The beauty of this forum community is the ability to give back! 

Hope you get set up to grow somewhere safe soon!

All the best,

Ms Figgy
Wish list: White Madeira #1, Unk Pastiliere, Cravens Cravings, LSU Strawberry, Dannys Delight, Emalynís Purple, Yellow Longneck, Peters Honey, Col Littmans Black Cross, Green Michurinska, Cool Hybrids, Impellezeri, Sangue Dolce, 5 Terre A