Author Topic: New Member Fig Plant Giveaway-----Completed  (Read 694 times)

Offline opiem10

New Member Fig Plant Giveaway-----Completed
« on: March 20, 2021, 08:27:26 PM »
Welcome to spring 2021 and my first giveaway of the year.   I want to make this first giveaway open only to new members, so they have the best chance possible to receive a free fig plant. 

The rules will be simple:

1) You will need to be a new member who posted a welcome message on this forum website (not Facebook) between the dates of Nov 1, 2020 and March 21, 2021.

2)  New members who are interested in being placed in the random selector tool for the plant(s) being given away only have to express their interest in this thread by posting their desire to be included in the giveaway.

3)  Members who want to be considered for the giveaway must have a complete mailing address in their profile. 

4)  Winning member agrees to pay the first $10 of the shipping fees to get the plant to you.   This will enable me to run a number of giveaways later this year as shipping for the 20 or so giveaways I hope to run can quickly become cost prohibitive. 

5) Contest ends Sunday, March 21st, at 8:00pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

6)  Here's the hardest rule.  I want to share the wealth with active members, not just those looking for free stuff.   TO WIN, YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE HAD A MINIMUM OF 10 POSTS BETWEEN THE DATE YOU SIGNED UP UNTIL YOUR ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST.

The winner will pick one plant from among the following varieties growing in 4 x 4 x 9 mini tree pots:

Olympian, Petite Negra, Chicago Hardy, Unknown Italian* (obtained from my friend Carlos R.) or Unknown Green Italian (Chianti region)

* The Unknown Italian from my friend Carlos R. will be re-packed as these small plants are currently growing in odd-shaped plastic coffee containers.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 08:12:38 PM by opiem10 »
Wish List: BB-10, Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving,  D'all Osso,  De la Roca, Figoin, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, White Madeira #1

Offline TXWatson

• ArkLaTex / 8a
Re: New Member Fig Plant Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 02:05:57 AM »
Count me in!
Want: Any LSU, any CDD, RDB, Smith, Tiger Panache.

Offline opiem10

Re: New Member Fig Plant Giveaway-----Completed
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 08:14:46 PM »
Wow!   That was easy.   No need for the random selector tool.  The winner is TXWatson.   Congratulations Tyler.

Please post the variety you would like to receive.
Wish List: BB-10, Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving,  D'all Osso,  De la Roca, Figoin, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, White Madeira #1

Offline TXWatson

• ArkLaTex / 8a
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 10:38:19 AM »
Thank you, I'm so excited! I would like the UNK Italian from Carlos.

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 12:43:52 PM »
Congratulations to the winner.  Wish you the best of luck with your new fig. 
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Smith, Dall Osso, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline opiem10

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 08:32:40 PM »
Congratulations to the winner.  Wish you the best of luck with your new fig.

Arturo,   I think you mean "figs".   I was hoping to give free trees to at least three new members.   However, since there was only one contestant, Tyler will wind up with three new trees to add to his collection.   Look for him to update members regarding his new UNK Italian (Carlos R. variety), UNK Green Italian (from Chianti region), and Petite Negra.

In future giveaways, I hope members realize they have to be in it to win it.   And I will only be posting my giveaways on the forum website, not on Facebook.   

Offline opiem10

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 07:16:20 PM »
Tyler's three new plants will be in the mail tomorrow.  I hope they take off in the TX sun and heat.   He'll be getting a green, a dark, and an UNKNOWN Italian on which to post progress. 

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 08:23:15 PM »
Arturo,   I think you mean "figs".   I was hoping to give free trees to at least three new members.   However, since there was only one contestant, Tyler will wind up with three new trees to add to his collection.   Look for him to update members regarding his new UNK Italian (Carlos R. variety), UNK Green Italian (from Chianti region), and Petite Negra.

In future giveaways, I hope members realize they have to be in it to win it.   And I will only be posting my giveaways on the forum website, not on Facebook.
John,

That is very kind of you and congratulations on your new trees.  Now I wished I had redone my intro and started it all.  That Petite Negra sounds pretty good. 
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Smith, Dall Osso, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline opiem10

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 09:29:15 PM »

John,

That is very kind of you and congratulations on your new trees.  Now I wished I had redone my intro and started it all.  That Petite Negra sounds pretty good.

Arturo, I will surely have more giveaways this year and I would imagine one or more Petite Negra will be offered.  I also want to distribute a few more of those UNK Italian from Chianti so that we can determine more quickly if the variety is common and how it grows and produces across the country.    We already know it is a super fast grower.

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 09:47:03 PM »
Arturo, I will surely have more giveaways this year and I would imagine one or more Petite Negra will be offered.  I also want to distribute a few more of those UNK Italian from Chianti so that we can determine more quickly if the variety is common and how it grows and produces across the country.    We already know it is a super fast grower.
John,

You know if you need any help and if I can help you in any way just say the word.  I am also certain I am not the only member feeling this way. 

Louisiana, 9a

Offline TXWatson

• ArkLaTex / 8a
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 11:24:41 PM »
I received my new plants today! They arrived in perfect condition with excellent roots. I wasted no time getting them situated in some pots. I am so excited to see these new varieties grow. For now they are on my partially shaded patio acclimating to Texas heat. Thank you so much John for your generosity.

Offline opiem10

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2021, 08:55:53 AM »
Tyler, I am happy to see that the fig plants got to you on time through USPS and came through in good shape.   I'm sure they will take off very quickly with a little warmth.   Keep us posted on their progress throughout the year.