Author Topic: Upcoming New Member Tree(s) Giveaway  (Read 1305 times)

Offline GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
  • Smile as you pass through!
Re: Upcoming New Member Tree(s) Giveaway
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2021, 09:20:24 PM »
Jerry,  Of the BB-10 and Black Bethlehem, which was the more vigorous variety for you?   I found Black Bethlehem harder to root, but the BB-10 roots seem to be finer when initially up potting. 

My Black Bethlehem plants came to me late last summer so i couldn't really tell if they were vigorous growers.  I should know early this spring.

I bought both as  young trees.  Both are about the same size, and have not fruited yet.  They both are slow growing at this point.
Want -Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, LSU Tiger, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Thermalito, LA Lightning, Luv, Brooklyn White, Zingarella,Stella,LA-BB, Maltese Beauty

Offline TCrawf

• Welcome !!
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2021, 05:08:20 PM »
I'm new!!! 👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿 look over here!! Yep, right in the back!!
 Anybody giving away cuttings or small plants, I'll take a few!!!

Offline Rudy

• Welcome !!
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2021, 06:10:52 PM »
When there is a contest, pay attention to every detail in the rules given in order to participate.
WL:  Black Bethlehem, Bass Favorite, Bryant Dark, Dominick Dark, Galicia Negra, Greek White, LSU Red, LSU Thibodeaux, Super Red Hybrid, White Adriatic, BB10, Cavaliere, CLBC, Kesarsini,  Monstrueuse, Rosselino, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, Vista,White Madera #1, Zingerella, any family heirlooms

Offline opiem10

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2021, 08:33:20 PM »
I'm new!!! 👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿 look over here!! Yep, right in the back!!
 Anybody giving away cuttings or small plants, I'll take a few!!!

Oh no!!!!  TCrawf, my fellow Jersey member of SouthernFigsForum appears to have been looking for some free cuttings and they were there for the taking.   I ran a giveaway for 11 free cuttings today and you did not enter the contest.   I believe Rudy was attempting to give you that clue in her post, but you must have missed it.   You have to look carefully at the contests being run on the site and be ready to comply with all the rules of the individual contest sponsor.   I would have had to disqualify you even if you did enter because you do not have a full mailing address in your profile.

Don't fret.   There will be many more giveaways on this site.  Veteran members will confirm the need to have profiles completed.   As well, fill in your wish list.   This site has a Phantom Figger who randomly chooses members for free stuff.   Without a wishlist, the Phantom will likely skip over you.
Wish List: BB-10, Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving,  D'all Osso,  De la Roca, Figoin, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, White Madeira #1