Author Topic: Sweet nectar of the Gods  (Read 880 times)

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
Sweet nectar of the Gods
« on: August 19, 2020, 08:40:46 AM »
We have been picking muscadines for the last several weeks. We pick 10 gallons this weekend and 7 gallons yesterday. We will probably take another seven or eight gallons here this afternoon and probably one last go around picking here by this weekend.

We've been waiting for this all year last year we had a really nice crop but the raccoons put a end to that very quickly. We will be making wine and backing up my inventory there is nothing better that I enjoy than a glass of wine with my dinner.

I also see that we'll be making some Muscadine jelly since we have a surplus this year of muscadines.

Offline Jtv32438

• Figaholics unite!!! Lol
Re: Sweet nectar of the Gods
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 11:32:24 PM »
Cool
Wish list. Bronx white AL or Ga ,Smith , any type of LSU- ,jack lily,gold and strawberry ,GOta del Mel,St. Rita,Hunt fig ,Dr. Clark ,actually any fig that will root. Lol
Non fig: any type of banana,persimmon,or fly trap. Thanks James

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
Re: Sweet nectar of the Gods
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 07:11:55 AM »
JD,

Thatís amazing.  Congratulations on the muscadines. 
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, Mutant, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Ice Cream, Pisang Ceylon, Pisang Klotek & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a