Author Topic: First Giveaway Contest Of The Season. Shasta Peach Fig Cuttings  (Read 702 times)

Online tridrama

• Welcome !!
    • Middleton's Hobby Farm and Garden
Re: First Giveaway Contest Of The Season. Shasta Peach Fig Cuttings
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2023, 05:57:34 PM »
Congratulations to all the winners! Good luck with rooting.
Wish List: Tashkent; Imp. Celeste; Nixon Peace; I-258, Texas Peach, LSU O'Rourke, Thibodeaux, Scott's Yellow; heirloom varieties- Ocracoke Is, unknowns; Other: World's Best Mulberry

Offline THB1961

• Welcome !!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2023, 09:22:55 AM »
Congrats to all the winners!
Thank you for opening the giveaways with these great cuttings!
WL:Orphan, Col de Dame Blanca/Negra,  Louisiana Lightning, Cajun Gold, LSU Red, EXP-24
Yellow Longneck,  Black Ishia,  Col. Littman, Cravens Craving, Emalyns purple, Pink Jerusalem, Stellato,  Ponte Tresa,  Afghan-E, Edith`s Raspberry Jam,

Offline AtlantaFig

• Fig addict and can never be cured.
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2023, 10:33:23 AM »
Hello everyone. I have a sad news about Shasta Peach cuttings. When I cut the cuttings from my in-ground Shasta Peach tree, I discovered that the 12 degrees cold we had of recent affected the branches. I can't send what I can't buy to the winners. So I went and cut my in-ground Dr. Clark fig branches and most parts are good. I have options for the winners to choose from, Dr. Clark fig, Yellow Long Neck or refund your shipping fee. Please put your choice here.
Wishlist: Figoin, Socorro Black, CDD Blanc, St. Rita, Black Madeira dwarf, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Strawberry, BNR, Giant Brown Turkey, Mutant Fig, White Lebanese.

Offline Andrea

• Old Gardener, New to Figs
  • Northwest Arkansas Fig Lover
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2023, 10:44:31 AM »
Hi Ben,

So sorry to hear about your Shasta Peach cuttings.  I hope the plant itself survives and comes back strong next year.  All of my in-ground fig branches have the same issue after that sudden cold spell we had in October.  I was hoping to cut and offer many of my favorites here this winter, but they're all dead as a doornail.  My goodness, but I was absolutely shocked when I went out to cut a few for a local friend. 

I'd be delighted to try some Dr. Clark cuttings instead.

Thanks again.

Blessings,
Andrea
Wish List: The best tasting, cold-hardy, highly productive, non-wasp variety - whether I can pronounce it or not - and another 5 acres to plant figs on.

Offline opiem10

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2023, 01:59:13 PM »
Ben, I too, am sorry to hear about the blow that Mother Nature took to some of your fig trees and the impact it has had on winning members not being able to get some Shasta Peach cuttings.  I lost trees this past April when a deep freeze hit us in the Northeast after my trees had begun leafing out, so I know how much it hurts.

We can only hope that your trees grow back in the spring, sprouting back more vigorously than before.
Wish List: Col de Dam Gegantina, Corky's Honey Delight, Exquisito, St. Martin, Thermalito

Offline jtrav

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2023, 03:05:36 PM »
Ben,
Sorry to hear about the tree, hopefully it comes back for you.
You can send what ever you want. I'm easy.
Wish List: Campaniere

Offline AtlantaFig

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2023, 03:39:10 PM »
Thank you John, Andrea and Jake. I appreciate your kind words. Tomorrow Monday I will ship the Dr. Clark fig cuttings to Andrea and Jake. I am waiting to hear from Gerald.
Wishlist: Figoin, Socorro Black, CDD Blanc, St. Rita, Black Madeira dwarf, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Strawberry, BNR, Giant Brown Turkey, Mutant Fig, White Lebanese.

Online tridrama

• Welcome !!
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2023, 12:25:17 AM »
Sorry to hear about the damage to your Shasta, Ben. That sudden freeze didn't affect my figs so much, but all the greens I told you about suffered a bit. The most disappointing casualty was my purple tree collard I was trialing this year. Luckily I had a back-up stored in the garage. Many of us didn't really know how to prepare since SC hasn't seen a 13 degree freeze since 1983! Live and learn.

Anyway. I hope your trees bounce back with vigor!

Wish List: Tashkent; Imp. Celeste; Nixon Peace; I-258, Texas Peach, LSU O'Rourke, Thibodeaux, Scott's Yellow; heirloom varieties- Ocracoke Is, unknowns; Other: World's Best Mulberry

Offline FigMamaJanet

• Welcome !!
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2023, 06:26:51 PM »
Ben, sorry about your Shasta Peach tree and cuttings. 
WL:  Black Jack, Black Genoa, LSU Red, Roberts Golden Rainbow, BNR, LSU Strawberry, Unk Burgan, CDD Noir, CDD Blanc, LSU Black Mutante DC-7, Col.Littman's Black Cross, Eastchester Black Unk., Cavaliere, Petite Negra, Pastiliere, Marteneca Rimada, Figoin, Zingerella, Socorro Black

Offline GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
  • Smile as you pass through!
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2023, 09:31:48 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss.  Mother Nature Rules!  Sometimes not nicely though.  I have those two varieties.  If you do get this this later in the year, or anything on my wish list send that.  No need for a refund, 
Want -Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, LSU Tiger, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Thermalito, LA Lightning, Luv, Brooklyn White, Zingarella,Stella,LA-BB, Maltese Beauty

Offline Andrea

• Old Gardener, New to Figs
  • Northwest Arkansas Fig Lover
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2023, 06:45:37 PM »
Wow, Ben, those cuttings you sent are beautiful!  I just received them today and cannot believe the size and length of them.  Now I'm having a little anxiety about whether they'll root for me.  I'll be so disappointed if I cook them or rot them.  But if I do, it sure won't be caused by the quality of your cuttings.  They are fabulous.  Many thanks, and keep us posted on the Shasta Peach's recovery this spring. I feel emotionally invested in its well-being though I've never even tasted one!
Wish List: The best tasting, cold-hardy, highly productive, non-wasp variety - whether I can pronounce it or not - and another 5 acres to plant figs on.

Offline FigMamaJanet

• Welcome !!
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2023, 07:42:59 PM »
Good luck rooting your new cuttings Andrea, Jake and GJRoberts !!!
WL:  Black Jack, Black Genoa, LSU Red, Roberts Golden Rainbow, BNR, LSU Strawberry, Unk Burgan, CDD Noir, CDD Blanc, LSU Black Mutante DC-7, Col.Littman's Black Cross, Eastchester Black Unk., Cavaliere, Petite Negra, Pastiliere, Marteneca Rimada, Figoin, Zingerella, Socorro Black

Offline jtrav

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2023, 08:04:25 PM »
Mine came in today. I don't think cuttings describe them as well as logs. They look great. Got them in pops and on the heat mat already
Wish List: Campaniere

Offline AtlantaFig

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2023, 05:26:40 PM »
Andrea and Jake, I'm glad you got your cuttings. I look forward to seeing the cuttings rooted. I still have some cuttings of Dr. Clark if anybody want also. You will have to take care of the shipping.

Online tridrama

• Welcome !!
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2023, 12:40:50 AM »
Iíll have a few if there are any left.