Author Topic: Golden Celeste Fig 2022  (Read 80 times)

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
Golden Celeste Fig 2022
« on: June 18, 2022, 05:34:23 PM »
Pic 1 is of what the figs looked like yesterday(June 17, 2022).
Pic 2 is what they look like at the time I make this post.

I want to wait 1 more day but itís killing me not to pic them
WL:  Thermalito, LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Mutuant, UCR 187-25, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Ice Cream, Pisang Ceylon, Pisang Klotek & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline opiem10

Re: Golden Celeste Fig 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 07:13:18 AM »
Arturo,
     Those Golden Celeste look great and appear to be getting close to being ripe.   Get ready to race the critters to the harvest!!!
Wish List: Bordissot Negra Rimada, Col de Dam Gegantina

Offline AtlantaFig

• Fig addict and can never be cured.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 09:20:15 AM »
Arturo, your Golden Celeste is looking. Use organza bags to protect them.
Wishlist: Figoin, Socorro Black, CDD Blanc, Thermalito, Black Madeira dwarf, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Strawberry, BNR, Giant Brown Turkey, Excel, Mutant Fig, White Lebanese.

Offline FigMamaJanet

• Welcome !!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 11:13:35 AM »
Arturo,

Thanks for sharing your Golden Celeste Fig!  Looks like you will have a nice crop of figs. 
WL:  Black Jack, Black Genoa, LSU Red, Golden Rainbow, BNR, LSU Strawberry, Unk Burgan, CDD Noir, CDD Blanc, LSU Black Mutante DC-7, Col.Littman's Black Cross, Eastchester Black Unk., Cavaliere, Petite Negra, Pastiliere, Marteneca Rimada, Figoin, Zingerella, Socorro Black

Offline tridrama

• Welcome !!
    • Middleton's Hobby Farm and Garden
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 09:50:38 PM »
That's a beauty. Anxiously awaiting the update on taste! Is this Golden Celeste the same as LSU Champagne?
Wish List: Hunt, Frank, Peace, Pound, any Col de Dame, Italian-258, Texas Peach, LSU Strawberry, LSU Honey, Golden Riverside, Peter's Honey, heirloom varieties (I'm still learning.); Other: World's Best Mulberry

Offline mothergoosefarms

• Recovering Fig Addict (NOT...LOL)
  • Global Moderator
  • Glad to be here!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 07:21:06 AM »
Thank you for sharing.  Looking very productive.  It will be worth the wait. 
Wish List: 
LSU red extraordinaire, Italian (unk) , Strawberry Verte, Dall Osso Fig, LSU Strawberry,, LSU Black (any), White Maderira,  Col de Dame (any),   RdB, Roberts Golden Rainbow, Adriatic, Panache Tiger, Socorro Black, Qudssaya

Coastal Alabama

Offline AtlantaFig

• Fig addict and can never be cured.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 01:10:44 PM »
 LSU Champagne is a strain of Golden Celeste.
Wishlist: Figoin, Socorro Black, CDD Blanc, Thermalito, Black Madeira dwarf, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Strawberry, BNR, Giant Brown Turkey, Excel, Mutant Fig, White Lebanese.

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 10:26:14 PM »
John,

They looked amazing and that is why it was hard waiting.

Ben,

I do need to protect them.

Janet,

I am trying and thank you. 

It was worth the wait.
WL:  Thermalito, LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Mutuant, UCR 187-25, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Ice Cream, Pisang Ceylon, Pisang Klotek & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2022, 10:49:09 PM »
Sorry for the long wait but we left town for a while but of course that made it easy to wait. 

Weight:          #1- 12/ #2- 9/ #3- 8 grams
Eye:               Some what closed
Skin Color:     Greenish with brown
Pulp:              Yellowish, No cavity
Taste/Flavor:   All tasted like a fig.  They were all sweet.
Seed:             No seed crunch

The pics are in the order: Pic 1&2 are of fig 1, Pic 3&4 of fig 2 and Pic 5&6 of fig 3.  We liked the first 2 figs better then the 3rd.  The 3rd one was jammy and chewy.  Family did not care for chewy. Donít get me wrong we still ate it and it was sweet but too chewy. 

Louisiana, 9a

Online Rudy

• Welcome !!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 05:09:56 AM »
I have a Golden Celeste somewhere out back.  I'll have to go see how close it is to producing fruit.  Hopefully, it has something growing. lol

The trees are not liking the heatwave we are having and I think it's affecting the fruit.  My Celeste's fruit is all wrinkled and soft.  I water daily so it's not from the lack of water.
WL: Azores Dark,Black Bethlehem,BB-10,Black Tuscan,Dark Portuguese,Greek White,Hunt,White Adriatic,Cavaliere,CLBC, Grosse Monstrueuse,Nerucciolo de Elba,Pastilliere,Rockaway Green,Socorro Black,TX Peach,Vista,White Madera #1,Zingerella, or any family heirloom with a closed eye

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 08:28:45 PM »
Denise,

Agree, not the lack of water but the crazy 100F temps.  We keep getting the heat index warning.  I hope your tree has some cause if you want a sweet fig that is one. 

Louisiana, 9a