Author Topic: Posting photos to SFF two different ways  (Read 3037 times)

Offline mothergoosefarms

• Recovering Fig Addict (NOT...LOL)
  • Global Moderator
  • Glad to be here!
Posting photos to SFF two different ways
« on: January 11, 2020, 08:20:38 AM »
On a different topic FigHearted asked:

Can you explain why this video, along with SOME of the photos here on the forum, show full screen images while most that I see show only small thumbnails that we have to click on individually?  I like it better when I see a full image.  Is it something I and others am not doing when uploading?

I will address the photo portion of the question first by showing two examples.  Here is a photo that is inserted into the post inline.

In order to do this you have to first have the photo hosted off your computer.  There are dozens of free online photo hosting services, here are just a few:  Google Photos. Imgur. Dropbox. TinyPic. Use.Flickr. 500px.SmugMug.  In this example I am using imgur. 
Once you save the picture on the host site you need to copy the link to the photo, you will need it shortly.

The next step is to find the button in the ribbon just above

Clicking the button will insert the following text code in your post or comment

The cursor will be blinking in the center of the brackets.  Your next step is to paste or type the link to your hosted photo right where your cursor is flashing formatted like this

As you can see in this tutorial I have placed the photo and the steps inline so you do not have to click a thumbnail to open them one at a time.  It also allows you to comment or describe each photo if you are posting several. 

The second way to include a photo in your topic post or comment is to use the "Attachments and other options" button below.  The primary differences when you use this second method are

1) your photos show up as thumbnails that have to be opened to view
2) the only way to add a descriptions to a series of photos is to rename each file name
3) when you attach a photo you are uploading the photo to SFF so SFF must store the photo on their servers (in times past this storage was very costly, not so much now).

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 07:36:24 PM by LouisianaMojo »
Wish List: 
LSU red extraordinaire, Italian (unk) , Strawberry Verte, Dall Osso Fig, LSU Strawberry,, LSU Black (any), White Maderira,  Col de Dame (any),   RdB, Roberts Golden Rainbow, Adriatic, Panache Tiger, Socorro Black, Qudssaya

Coastal Alabama

Offline mothergoosefarms

• Global Moderator
  • Glad to be here!
Re: Posting photos to SFF two different ways
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 08:45:32 AM »
Here is the same photo attached to this comment.  I have named the file just in case there is any question as to what is pictured. 

If this post was helpful I need some jam before by biscuit gets cold. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:47:38 AM by mothergoosefarms »
Wish List: 
LSU red extraordinaire, Italian (unk) , Strawberry Verte, Dall Osso Fig, LSU Strawberry,, LSU Black (any), White Maderira,  Col de Dame (any),   RdB, Roberts Golden Rainbow, Adriatic, Panache Tiger, Socorro Black, Qudssaya

Coastal Alabama

Offline cornbread

• Welcome !!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 12:41:56 PM »
Thank you for this informative tutorial.  It helped me.
WL:  LSU Tiger or other LSU, Yellow Long Neck, RdB, VdB, Smith, A CdD variety, a persistent caprifig

Offline mothergoosefarms

• Global Moderator
  • Glad to be here!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 12:55:51 PM »
Thank you for this informative tutorial.  It helped me.

Once you've done it a time or two, it becomes intuitive
Wish List: 

Coastal Alabama

Offline FigHearted

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 04:56:36 PM »
This biscuit  looks yummy!

So the kicker to whether or not it is full size is basically source origin.  Part time online sources such as your computer or even your phone will be thumbnails since they are uploaded to SFFs server and SFFs server is set to preview in thumbnail.  Full time online sources will be full size.

Thanks!
WL: Dalmatie, Texas Peach, Buzzone Nero, EXP24, JDs LSU Red, JDs Giant Brown Turkey, BB10, BFF, Adriatic JH,  Battaglia Green, Burgan UNK, CLBC, BNR,  Socorro, Del Monte,Raspberry Tart, Watermelon, Edith Lamb, Thermalito, Hative D'Argenteuil, Martinenca Rimada, Paratjal Rimada, Golden Rainbow

Offline mothergoosefarms

• Global Moderator
  • Glad to be here!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 05:12:16 PM »
This biscuit  looks yummy!

So the kicker to whether or not it is full size is basically source origin.  Part time online sources such as your computer or even your phone will be thumbnails since they are uploaded to SFFs server and SFFs server is set to preview in thumbnail.  Full time online sources will be full size.

Thanks!

You've got it
Wish List: 

Coastal Alabama

Offline Newbie2figs

• Love fruit trees!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 08:07:44 AM »
Very helpful! Thank you!!
Mario
Zone 9a Tx
Wishlist:,CALDERONA,Azores dark,Black Tuscan, Thermilito,Mutante and crazy for stripped figs

Offline AtlantaFig

• Fig addict and can never be cured.
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 10:08:22 PM »
Good information.
Wishlist: LSU Red, Socorro Black, I-258, CDD Blanc, CDD Noir, CDD Rimada, Thermalito, White Madeira, Black Madeira dwarf, Lebanese Red, Golden Celeste, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Figs. Giant Brown Turkey, Excel, Mutant Fig, Yellow Lebanese, Improved Celeste.

Offline Pcraig

• Welcome !!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 05:50:40 AM »
Thanks for the tutorial. It's going to help.
Wish list: LSU Red extraordinaire, LSU Strawberry, BB10, La Goccia D'Oro, Buzzone Nero, Black Madeira dwarf.