Author Topic: UNK Eastchester Black  (Read 235 times)

Online opiem10

UNK Eastchester Black
« on: March 06, 2021, 06:56:00 PM »
Hi members,
     Over the next week or so, I hope to post a number of pictures that represent the new varieties I have begun rooting this winter.   For the cuttings just starting to put out green growth, I won't post any pictures until the plant is well established and has a good number of leaves.

Here is my first new fig of 2021, the UNK Eastchester Black fig.   I bought the cutting from a nursery in Pennsylvania, who received cuttings from one of our members.   It was a tree originally discovered by our SFF member Deerhunter.   
Wish List: Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Cessac, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving, Figoin

Online Rudy

• Welcome !!
Re: UNK Eastchester Black
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 01:30:43 PM »
I have seen the pictures of the cuttings you posted and it seems that you have the golden touch when it comes to rooting cuttings. lol
WL:  Black Bethlehem,BB-10, Bass Favorite, Bryant Dark, Dominick Dark, Galicia Negra, Greek White, LSU Red, LSU Thibodeaux, Super Red Hybrid, White Adriatic, BB10, Cavaliere, CLBC, Kesarsini,  Monstrueuse, Rosselino, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, Vista,White Madera #1, Zingerella, any family heirloom

Offline Jtv32438

• Figaholics unite!!! Lol
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 04:59:11 PM »
Yes he does he is doing great
Wish list. Bronx white AL or Ga ,Smith , any type of LSU- ,jack lily,gold and strawberry ,GOta del Mel,St. Rita,Hunt fig ,Dr. Clark ,actually any fig that will root. Lol
Non fig: any type of banana,persimmon,or fly trap. Thanks James

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 05:28:04 AM »
John,

Great job. 
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Smith, Dall Osso, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
  • Smile as you pass through!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 10:32:31 PM »
I have the Eastchester green, and its another one that should produce this year. 
Want -Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, LSU Tiger, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Thermalito, LA Lightning, Luv, Brooklyn White, Zingarella,Stella,LA-BB, Maltese Beauty