Author Topic: St Rita  (Read 283 times)

Online opiem10

St Rita
« on: March 06, 2021, 06:58:51 PM »
Here is one of my St Rita rooted cuttings.   Many have stated that this variety was difficult to root.   I did not find that to be the case.   Again, the cuttings from this variety were purchased from a nursery in Pennsylvania.   From what I have read, St Rita is supposed to be one of the better Mt Etna type figs.
Wish List: Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Cessac, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving, Figoin

Offline Jtv32438

• Figaholics unite!!! Lol
Re: St Rita
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 08:46:52 PM »
Yeah I have heard that also and I put it on my list. The flavor part.
Wish list. Bronx white AL or Ga ,Smith , any type of LSU- ,jack lily,gold and strawberry ,GOta del Mel,St. Rita,Hunt fig ,Dr. Clark ,actually any fig that will root. Lol
Non fig: any type of banana,persimmon,or fly trap. Thanks James

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 05:12:56 AM »
I also have heard great things about this variety but with my list increasing I have to make sure which ones I get. 
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Smith, Dall Osso, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
  • Smile as you pass through!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 10:34:27 PM »
Where in PA is this nursery?  I still have family up there.
Want -Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, LSU Tiger, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Thermalito, LA Lightning, Luv, Brooklyn White, Zingarella,Stella,LA-BB, Maltese Beauty

Online opiem10

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 09:08:44 AM »
Jerry, I bought cuttings from Off The Beaten Path Nursery.   They are located in Lancaster, PA and the prices for cuttings are relatively inexpensive.  Bill Lauris runs the operation.   They shipped my cuttings to me and I was impressed with the size and freshness.  I ordered a bit late so many of the premium varieties I would like to try were already sold out.   I'll try again this fall.

Feel free to check them out online.
Wish List: Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Cessac, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving, Figoin