Author Topic: UNK Bronx  (Read 382 times)

Offline opiem10

UNK Bronx
« on: March 07, 2021, 07:17:51 AM »
Here is a picture of a rooted cutting of the variety UNK Bronx.   I bought this cutting from a nursery in Pennsylvania.   The nursery grew its mother tree from cuttings provided by SFF member Deerhunter.   After looking at the description and pictures posted on this site, I thought I would also give it a try considering I have similar climate to John.
Wish List: Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Cessac, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving, Figoin

Online Jtv32438

• Figaholics unite!!! Lol
Re: UNK Bronx
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 04:58:22 PM »
Nice !! U have a great collection going.
Wish list. Bronx white AL or Ga ,Smith , any type of LSU- ,jack lily,gold and strawberry ,GOta del Mel,St. Rita,Hunt fig ,Dr. Clark ,actually any fig that will root. Lol
Non fig: any type of banana,persimmon,or fly trap. Thanks James

Offline opiem10

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 05:35:26 PM »
Thanks James.   And I have quite a few other nice varieties just starting to root and leaf out.   In addition, I was given a really nice, 15 gallon Burgan Unkown tree several weeks ago from a good friend who is 5-7 years ahead of me in his fig growing endeavors.   His garage was warmer than mine so this Burgan UNK was already leafing out when I got it.  The colder conditions of late February in my garage have caused those early leaves to droop so I hope the plant is big and old enough to withstand the stress and survive  .   I hope to get one or two air layers from it this summer to possibly give away here.  Burgan UNK is a SPECIAL tree.
Wish List: Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Cessac, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving, Figoin

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 05:42:34 AM »
John,

Good luck with your Burgan UNK.  If you donít mind me asking, do you know which Bronx do you have?  I have seen at least 2 mentioned before(AL and GA).   I also want to say I heard someone mention a 3rd but I donít remember the name. 
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Smith, Dall Osso, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline opiem10

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 08:54:21 PM »
Arturo,
     This is just a Bronx UNK, which Deerhunter has been growing.   

Here is the link that John (Deerhunter) started on the forum:  https://southernfigsforum.com/index.php?topic=655.msg2849#msg2849

Offline GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
  • Smile as you pass through!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 10:11:03 PM »
Arturo,
     This is just a Bronx UNK, which Deerhunter has been growing.   

Here is the link that John (Deerhunter) started on the forum:  https://southernfigsforum.com/index.php?topic=655.msg2849#msg2849

Arturo, 
Bronx White Grandfather?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 10:20:10 PM by GJRoberts »
Want -Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, LSU Tiger, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Thermalito, LA Lightning, Luv, Brooklyn White, Zingarella,Stella,LA-BB, Maltese Beauty

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 09:52:31 AM »
Jerry,

Bronx White GA and Bronx White AL are the ones that I am talking about but anything is possible.  Hahah

John,

Deerhunter I want to say is the one that I heard about the AL and GA about.
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Smith, Dall Osso, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a