Author Topic: Coming Soon!!!---- Giveaways for UNKNOWN Red and Green Fig Cuttings  (Read 618 times)

Offline opiem10

Hi members,

Over the next several days, be on the lookout for a number of giveaways I plan to run for UNKNOWN Green and UNKNOWN Red fig cuttings.   A new member to the forum, FigMamaJanet is making these available and she has asked me to run the giveaways.  She has called them UNKNOWN LEVITT PA. RED and UNKNOWN LEVITT PA. WHITE, based on the original location of the mother trees.

I think I am going to make these giveaways a little more fun, engaging, and a wee bit stressful.   Some giveaways might only have a window of opportunity to enter that is several hours long.  You'll have to check the website often so as not to miss out. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 10:49:49 AM by opiem10 »
Wish List: BB-10, Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving,  D'all Osso,  De la Roca, Figoin, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, White Madeira #1

Offline Jtv32438

• Figaholics unite!!! Lol
Re: Coming Soon!!!---- Giveaways for UNKNOWN Red and Green Fig Cuttings
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 01:28:29 PM »
Sounds like fun
Wish list. Bronx white AL or Ga ,Smith , any type of LSU- ,jack lily,gold and strawberry ,GOta del Mel,St. Rita,Hunt fig ,Dr. Clark ,actually any fig that will root. Lol
Non fig: any type of banana,persimmon,or fly trap. Thanks James

Offline FigMamaJanet

• Welcome !!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 01:29:10 PM »
Good Luck Everyone!!! 

FigMamaJanet
Wish List: White Genoa, St.Rita, Black Jack, Black Genoa, Italian Honey, Yellow Long Neck, Tiger Panache, Black Mission, Smith, LSU Red, Golden Rainbow, BNR

Online Rudy

• Welcome !!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 03:42:01 PM »
Thank you Janet for your generosity.  It's rare that a new member is willing to sponsor contests. 
WL:  Black Bethlehem, Bass Favorite, Bryant Dark, Dominick Dark, Galicia Negra, Greek White, LSU Red, LSU Thibodeaux, Super Red Hybrid, White Adriatic, BB10, Cavaliere, CLBC, Kesarsini,  Monstrueuse, Rosselino, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, Vista,White Madera #1, Zingerella, any family heirlooms

Offline FigMamaJanet

• Welcome !!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 04:35:59 PM »
Thank you Rudy for your kind words.  I received a gift, so I want to pay it forward.  Good luck!! 
FigMamaJanet
Wish List: White Genoa, St.Rita, Black Jack, Black Genoa, Italian Honey, Yellow Long Neck, Tiger Panache, Black Mission, Smith, LSU Red, Golden Rainbow, BNR

Online Rudy

• Welcome !!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 05:24:53 PM »
You are welcome.  I have won some of the past contests and have paid it forward here as well as off the forum to fellow members who live within a reasonable driving distance. A couple of members have shared their extra plants with me too.  Along the way, friendships are formed and conversations don't always involve figs.  One member here gave my husband and me lessons on wine making.  lol
WL:  Black Bethlehem, Bass Favorite, Bryant Dark, Dominick Dark, Galicia Negra, Greek White, LSU Red, LSU Thibodeaux, Super Red Hybrid, White Adriatic, BB10, Cavaliere, CLBC, Kesarsini,  Monstrueuse, Rosselino, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, Vista,White Madera #1, Zingerella, any family heirlooms

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 02:38:59 AM »
Janet,

Thank you very much for donating the fig varieties.  Very kind of you to jump right in and share. 

John,

Thank you for taking the time to run more giveaways.  Its members like yall that make SFF the best place
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 02:43:15 AM by LaFigGwr2019 »
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Smith, Dall Osso, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline opiem10

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 01:06:29 PM »
So, after about three weeks, I have 3-4 of the Unknown Levittown PA White and 3 of the Red variety with roots.    The white variety seems to be the easier variety to root, with me having success in both the mulch mix in my garage and fig pops in the basement.   When I see roots, there are good numbers, although they are quite fine.   In about a week, I will take some pictures after roots are easier to see in photos.   

Now, if these up pot well, it looks like some young trees will be available in giveaways, in both colors.
Wish List: BB-10, Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving,  D'all Osso,  De la Roca, Figoin, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, White Madeira #1

Offline FigMamaJanet

• Welcome !!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 07:06:13 PM »
John:  So glad that your cuttings of the UNK Red Levittown and UNK White Levittown have rooted.  I have put a few in the fig pop method and some in the mulch in the plastic shoe box method with heating mats.  So far nothing in the way of visible roots.  But I will be patient.  Its so hard to do.  I hope everyone who won the cutitigs are also have good luck in their rooting techniques.
FigMamaJanet