Author Topic: Letizia Fig  (Read 340 times)

Offline chepe77

• Tico Gardener
Letizia Fig
« on: May 07, 2021, 08:54:43 AM »
Here is a picture of a Letizia Fig which was given to me by SFF member opiem10 (John). I will continue to share the pictures as it continues to grow. (I received it yesterday, so it is recovering from the trip).
Wish List:  white madeira, Mutante

Online opiem10

Re: Letizia Fig
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 11:11:32 AM »
Jose, it looks like the plant didn't get beat up too badly while in the hands of the USPS.   Keep us posted on its progress.  I hope you get a couple of first figs to trey this year.   My first figs last year were pretty good and I am looking for even better flavor in 2021.
Wish List: Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Cessac, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving, Figoin

Offline AtlantaFig

• Fig addict and can never be cured.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 02:22:24 AM »
That plant looks good. Hopefully you will get fruits from it this year.
Wishlist: LSU Red, Socorro Black, I-258, CDD Blanc, CDD Noir, CDD Rimada, Thermalito, White Madeira, Black Madeira dwarf, Lebanese Red, Golden Celeste, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Figs. Giant Brown Turkey, Excel, Mutant Fig, Yellow Lebanese, Improved Celeste.

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 08:48:55 PM »
I met a lady last weekend and she showed me the Letizia and Little Ms Figgy.  They are dwarf varieties.  I will hope to sample them.  I did not ask her if they were TC.  I hope they Fruit this yr. 

Jose,

Good luck with yours. 
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Smith, Dall Osso, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline AtlantaFig

• Fig addict and can never be cured.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 10:24:10 PM »
I met a lady last weekend and she showed me the Letizia and Little Ms Figgy.  They are dwarf varieties.  I will hope to sample them.  I did not ask her if they were TC.  I hope they Fruit this yr. 

Jose,

Good luck with yours.

Arturo I hope you know that you donít have to wait for 3 years for it to fruit because it is tissue culture.
Wishlist: LSU Red, Socorro Black, I-258, CDD Blanc, CDD Noir, CDD Rimada, Thermalito, White Madeira, Black Madeira dwarf, Lebanese Red, Golden Celeste, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Figs. Giant Brown Turkey, Excel, Mutant Fig, Yellow Lebanese, Improved Celeste.

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 12:16:46 AM »
Arturo I hope you know that you donít have to wait for 3 years for it to fruit because it is tissue culture.
Ben,

I have heard it both ways so I just wanted to make sure.  Either way itís good cause she had hersí in the ground.  She planted them to add some shade to her area, I almost said something but I let it go.  I will wait to see how big they get.  Both were around 2ft yíall and extremely bushy. 
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Smith, Dall Osso, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Online opiem10

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 12:30:53 AM »
I purchased my mother Letizia plant as a very small tissue culture.   I got a couple of ripened figs during it's second year.   My original plant is still on the small side in a 3 gallon pot.   As a number of tissue cultures do, mine keeps sending out a lot of new branches from the base of the tree.  I take these small branches and stick them in pots and hope they root.   So far, I have had about 4 little cuttings that have rooted for me.   

What I want to see is if the cuttings have the same growth habit as the original tissue culture.   At very young ages, the rooted cuttings seem to grow upright and don't seem to have all those shoots from the base of the plant.  I assumed that as these rooted cuttings are clones of the mother tree they would have the same growth habit too.
Wish List: Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Cessac, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving, Figoin

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 01:37:24 AM »
John,

I wish you the best of luck with your trees.  The 2 Letiziaís that I saw were extremely bushy.  Heck even the Little Miss Figgy was bushy.  All 3 trees were wider than they were taller.  I want to see what the figs look like and taste like.  Hers had no fruit on it and I did not ask when they were planted.

Louisiana, 9a