Author Topic: Unk Green Italian Fig  (Read 304 times)

Offline chepe77

• Tico Gardener
Unk Green Italian Fig
« on: May 07, 2021, 08:56:04 AM »
Here is a picture of a Unk green Italian fig which was given to me by SFF member opiem10 (John). I will continue to share the pictures as it continues to grow. (I received it yesterday, so it is recovering from the trip).
Wish List:  white madeira, Mutante

Online opiem10

Re: Unk Green Italian Fig
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 11:13:44 AM »
Jose, once this one acclimates to its new pot, I think you will see very prolific growth.   And then you, I, and a few other members can determine if this is a common fig.   If it is, I have a few more to give away and they will be in 3-5 gallon pots by then.
Wish List: Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Cessac, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving, Figoin

Offline brazman

• Figgedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 03:43:48 PM »
Mine grew so much last year, I was able to air layer it easily with a 3 liter bottle. Both woke up with a flourish, and I expect both of them to put on several feet of growth this season, and Im REALLY hoping to sample some figs from them too. Worst case scenario, theyre not common but I have my new go-to root stock for grafting. They really do grow that fast.
Wish List: CLBC, BMKK or Figo Preto

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 11:46:40 PM »
Wish yall the best of luck. Hope its a common fig
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Smith, Dall Osso, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline TXWatson

• ArkLaTex / 8a
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 12:31:57 PM »
Best of luck. Mine continues to show strong growth, even though I could be more consistent in feeding it.
Want: Any CDD, RDB, Smith, Red Lebanese