Author Topic: New members waiting for approval  (Read 2826 times)

Offline opiem10

New members waiting for approval
« on: March 26, 2021, 12:38:50 PM »
With JD still only on the site infrequently, is there another administrator who can grant access to new members who registered more than two weeks ago?   

I wish I had admin privileges so I could help in this regard.
Wish List: BB-10, Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving,  D'all Osso,  De la Roca, Figoin, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, White Madeira #1

Offline GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
  • Smile as you pass through!
Re: New members waiting for approval
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 06:40:37 PM »
You may not want to get in on that.  JD has the tools to screen out the worst risks from the bad guys.  There have been numerous attempts to gain access to the forum from individuals that no one really wants here.
Want -Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, LSU Tiger, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Thermalito, LA Lightning, Luv, Brooklyn White, Zingarella,Stella,LA-BB, Maltese Beauty

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 07:27:40 AM »
Sorry for the delay, we were taking care of my father's funeral for the last few weeks.

Offline opiem10

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 09:53:07 AM »
JD, Sorry to hear about your dad's passing.

I am only trying to direct more people away from Facebook to the forum website.   And a few people had only mentioned they had been awaiting approval for a few weeks. 
Wish List: BB-10, Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving,  D'all Osso,  De la Roca, Figoin, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, White Madeira #1

Offline GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 10:30:38 AM »
Sorry to hear of your family loss. 
Want -Ben's Gdn Riverside, CLBC, Cravens Craving, Exquisito, Black Zadar, CdDBN, White Maderia #1, Zaffiro, Campaniere, Raspberry Verte, LSU Tiger, UCR 187-25, Violete Sepor, Thermalito, LA Lightning, Luv, Brooklyn White, Zingarella,Stella,LA-BB, Maltese Beauty

Offline Rudy

• Welcome !!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 11:15:35 AM »
JD, I am happy for you that this is finally being resolved.  It has been a long time coming.    Hopefully, we'll see more of you here and things will get back to normal with your posting words of wisdom on the forum. Many of us have missed you.
WL:  Black Bethlehem, Bass Favorite, Bryant Dark, Dominick Dark, Galicia Negra, Greek White, LSU Red, LSU Thibodeaux, Super Red Hybrid, White Adriatic, BB10, Cavaliere, CLBC, Kesarsini,  Monstrueuse, Rosselino, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, Vista,White Madera #1, Zingerella, any family heirlooms

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 08:50:45 PM »
JD,

Sorry for your loss.  I wish you and your family the best and prayers
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Smith, Dall Osso, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline opiem10

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 10:57:39 PM »
I believe we may have additional people who have signed up and are awaiting approval to become members.    May I ask one of the administrators to look into this matter?   It must be frustrating to those people who are waiting.

Offline GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 11:11:04 AM »
I may be wrong, but I believe JD is the only one with Admin ability to approve new members.  There were thousands of attempts to join the member list by nefarious individuals.  JD has the ability to check actual validity of IP identities.  Its a jungle out there, extreme caution is warranted.

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 12:05:19 PM »
Mr. Roberts is right I will be the only one that has the authority to let a new member join this group. It's because of things have happened prior To the group and the ongoing hacking attempts.

I know that Southern Figs Fourm is a mere shadow of what it used to be but it will get better this year and hopefully by the end of the year things will be back to normal.

The members here are the backbone of this group and people are willing to wait to join our group, a group for all that you don't have the chaos elsewhere. Keep spreading the joy and having your giveaways is the best way for others to follow example.

I'm still trying to get things back to  a normal ground and I still have a long road to go down. This has not been a good 12 months I lost my brother and my father all within a year plus with two hurricanes coming through my front door live to say the least has not been easy.

Hopefully I will have a good update for all in a few months, but the group is doing an outstanding job in carrying out why this fourm was created keep up the great work !

Offline opiem10

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2021, 04:47:37 PM »
JD, It's good to see you on the board again.   I realize it has been a very tough year for you.   I just see the posts on Facebook from people asking how long it takes to get approved on the actual forum.   Those people apparently want to participate in the giveaways that have been taking place but can't do so until they are members of the forum.   

It will be interesting to see if all these people in line only want is "free stuff" or if they will be active members.

Offline opiem10

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 12:31:55 PM »
I have been contacted by someone else on Facebook regarding her desire to participate in our actual forum, but waiting for approval.   I believe the forum moniker this person registered under, is Cynthee Deen.   May I ask that someone look into whether we have any persons waiting for membership approval.   

Thanks again.  I am just trying to steer people to our website instead of Facebook, but can't effectively do so if people don't have access to the full range of information we post here.

Offline GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2021, 01:53:53 PM »
I have been contacted by someone else on Facebook regarding her desire to participate in our actual forum, but waiting for approval.   I believe the forum moniker this person registered under, is Cynthee Deen.   May I ask that someone look into whether we have any persons waiting for membership approval.   

Thanks again.  I am just trying to steer people to our website instead of Facebook, but can't effectively do so if people don't have access to the full range of information we post here.

Like JD said above.  The only "Someone" who has the authority to see the requests and approve new members is JD.  He has a horrible amount on his plate right now.  He will get around to it.  Let the people contacting you know the current situation.  Ability to post on Facebook will have to do until things change.  Things will turn around.   As a Global Moderator, I have to say something here, please don't be mad at me.  Any amount of help I can do to make things better on the Forum, I'll jump in.  JD will probably approve new members as soon as he can, in the order received.   There are probably a lot of requests pending. 

Offline opiem10

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2021, 04:03:32 PM »

Like JD said above.  The only "Someone" who has the authority to see the requests and approve new members is JD.  He has a horrible amount on his plate right now.  He will get around to it.  Let the people contacting you know the current situation.  Ability to post on Facebook will have to do until things change.  Things will turn around.   As a Global Moderator, I have to say something here, please don't be mad at me.  Any amount of help I can do to make things better on the Forum, I'll jump in.  JD will probably approve new members as soon as he can, in the order received.   There are probably a lot of requests pending.

Hi Jerry,
     Thanks for the follow up.   I realize that JD has the sole ability to approve new members because of all the issues that occurred in the past.   And no one should be mad as we try to make the forum the best it can be.   I must just be getting all the follow up on Facebook because of the giveaways I was running.   I just don't want to spend so much time answering questions from Facebook members who are not aware of our original website or who are waiting for approval.   And the nature of the questions seems to be changing too.  They have gone from "How do I access the forum?" to "Can you send me free cuttings or plants?".   :)

Offline GJRoberts

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2021, 08:58:21 PM »

Like JD said above.  The only "Someone" who has the authority to see the requests and approve new members is JD.  He has a horrible amount on his
plate right now.  He will get around to it.  Let the people contacting you know the current situation.  Ability to post on Facebook will have to do until things change.  Things will turn around.   As a Global Moderator, I have to say something here, please don't be mad at me.  Any amount of help I can do to make things better on the Forum, I'll jump in.  JD will probably approve new members as soon as he can, in the order received.   There are probably a lot of requests pending.

Hi Jerry,
     Thanks for the follow up.   I realize that JD has the sole ability to approve new members because of all the issues that occurred in the past.   And no one should be mad as we try to make the forum the best it can be.   I must just be getting all the follow up on Facebook because of the giveaways I was running.   I just don't want to spend so much time answering questions from Facebook members who are not aware of our original website or who are waiting for approval.   And the nature of the questions seems to be changing too.  They have gone from "How do I access the forum?" to "Can you send me free cuttings or plants?".   :)

Yeah, just say "Free" or admit you own a really great plant, and you can expect to be contacted so you can be milked.