Author Topic: Hello from Plainview NY  (Read 174 times)

Offline Chosen328

Hello from Plainview NY
« on: June 09, 2021, 01:40:11 PM »
Hello everyone. I just start growing figs last year. I am from Plainview NY (Long Island). I live 5 minutes from where the Belleclare Nursey used to be location. Wishing I had been growing figs when they were still open.
WL: Iranian Candy, Moscatel Preto, Yellow Neches, Florea, Black Celeste, Ravin de Calce, Black Zadar, Souadi, Syadi, LSU Red, DC-2, Iranian White, Nixon Peace

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
Re: Hello from Plainview NY
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 02:18:19 PM »
Welcome to Southern Figs.  We have posts with a lot of important information.  If you have any questions just ask. 
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Smith, Dall Osso, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Online Rudy

• Welcome !!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 02:35:04 PM »
Welcome!  Look around. Look for certain topics by using the search feature.  If you look at the free stuff section, you can see what has been already been given away and what may be coming in the near future.  Those that have received free trees should be paying it forward by sharing cuttings in the near future.
WL:  Black Bethlehem,BB-10, Bass Favorite, Bryant Dark, Dominick Dark, Galicia Negra, Greek White, LSU Red, LSU Thibodeaux, Super Red Hybrid, White Adriatic, BB10, Cavaliere, CLBC, Kesarsini,  Monstrueuse, Rosselino, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor, Vista,White Madera #1, Zingerella, any family heirloom

Offline Hillhunter4

• Total Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 03:04:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum. There is a massive amount of info here to absorb. As Rudy suggested, the search function is very helpful to look up varieties, plant care, propagation techniques, etc. Everyone is really helpful and supportive of each other.
Wish List: LSU (Tiger, Strawberry, Red, Hollier, Black, Scott’s Black) Ronde De Bordeaux, Louisiana Green Honey, White Madeira #1, Italian Black, Colonel Littman's Black Cross, Col De Dame Blanc, Col De Dame Noir. Sao Miguel Roxo, JH Adriatic, Unk Italian_JD, I-258, Black Madeira

Online FigMamaJanet

• Welcome !!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 03:34:01 PM »
Welcome!  This is a great forum, so many knowledgeable people.  Wish you good luck in your figging adventures.....this is just the beginning :)
Wish List:  St.Rita, Black Jack, Black Genoa, Italian Honey, Yellow Long Neck, Black Mission, Smith, LSU Red, Golden Rainbow, BNR, LSU Gold, LSU Strawberry, Unk Burgan, CDD Noir, CDD Blanc, LSU Black, Mutante DC-7, Col. Littman's Black Cross, Eastchester Black Unk., Cavaliere

Online opiem10

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 05:42:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum.    If you want to participate in future giveaways, it is important that you enter your complete name and address in your profile.   Only members can see it.   As well, fill in a wish list in your signature line.  Members often send cuttings out of the blue but won't know what to send if you don't have a list.

Though this is SouthernFigsForum, there are many northern growers.   I think you will find a lot of information here to help you grow your figs.  I'm in NJ and quickly went from 4 varieties to over 100 in 4 years.    The site is addicting.
Wish List: Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Buzzone Nero, Cessac, Col de Dam Gegantina, Cravens Craving, Figoin

Offline TXWatson

• ArkLaTex / 8a
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 08:11:01 PM »
Welcome to one of the friendliest groups on the internet.
Want: Any CDD, RDB, Smith, Red Lebanese

Offline Jtv32438

• Figaholics unite!!! Lol
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 08:31:01 PM »
Hello and welcome
Wish list. Bronx white AL or Ga ,Smith , any type of LSU- ,jack lily,gold and strawberry ,GOta del Mel,St. Rita,Hunt fig ,Dr. Clark ,actually any fig that will root. Lol
Non fig: any type of banana,persimmon,or fly trap. Thanks James

Offline HWall_HTX

• It was fun while it lasted.
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 08:38:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Do not be afraid to ask questions or share thoughts. It is a friendly community with lots to learn and celebrate!
WL: Peace and satisfaction