Author Topic: question from a Fig Newbie  (Read 1070 times)

Offline TXFIG

• Welcome !!
question from a Fig Newbie
« on: March 23, 2020, 01:04:48 PM »
Well, here goes..... maybe we need a Topic Just for Newbie ???? so the experienced figger will not get too bored ?? huh...
Anyway, I live in Zone 8a in Tx. our weather is getting warmer these last few weeks...so I took my fig cuttings off of heating mat and put in GH . went outside this am and found one of the cuttings w/no leaves no roots and a FIG .. a baby one but a fig....My question is do I need to put them back on the heat mat until I see roots no matter what the outside temp is ??? Or what is going on.....?
Sorry to bother anyone.....Just new at this.....Thanks
Italian 258, LSU Red, LSU Scott's Black, Socorro Blk, Turca, Italian Blk, Blk Ischia, *JD's Giant  Negra, Smith, Sangue, Coll De Dama Rimada,  Ischia Black.                             
WL: Muscadine Grapes, Tree Collard

WL: Varg Ban, mango, grapes, blackberry

Offline AtlantaFig

• Fig addict and can never be cured.
Re: question from a Fig Newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 01:38:44 PM »
I will suggest you take it back on the heating mat until you see roots and leaves. The weather outside can change to a cool weather and that will affect the cuttings.
Wishlist: Figoin, Socorro Black, CDD Blanc, St. Rita, Black Madeira dwarf, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Strawberry, BNR, Giant Brown Turkey, Mutant Fig, White Lebanese.

Offline mothergoosefarms

• Recovering Fig Addict (NOT...LOL)
  • Global Moderator
  • Glad to be here!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 02:13:51 PM »
I will suggest you take it back on the heating mat until you see roots and leaves. The weather outside can change to a cool weather and that will affect the cuttings.

And remove the fig right away
Wish List: 
LSU red extraordinaire, Italian (unk) , Strawberry Verte, Dall Osso Fig, LSU Strawberry,, LSU Black (any), White Maderira,  Col de Dame (any),   RdB, Roberts Golden Rainbow, Adriatic, Panache Tiger, Socorro Black, Qudssaya

Coastal Alabama

Offline TXFIG

• Welcome !!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 02:47:05 PM »
THANKS A MILLION I ALSO REVIEWED THE INFO ON THE ROOTING PROCESS FR JD
THANKS AGAIN
WILL DO !
Italian 258, LSU Red, LSU Scott's Black, Socorro Blk, Turca, Italian Blk, Blk Ischia, *JD's Giant  Negra, Smith, Sangue, Coll De Dama Rimada,  Ischia Black.                             
WL: Muscadine Grapes, Tree Collard

WL: Varg Ban, mango, grapes, blackberry