Author Topic: Cdd Martinenc Rimada Studies  (Read 2851 times)

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
Cdd Martinenc Rimada Studies
« on: May 16, 2020, 05:50:01 PM »
Leaves of a fig tree can tell you a lot of information if you know where to look. We are studying the striped Figs and variegated  Fig Trees also breeding and improving them.

We know that the white panache white tiger leaves have white stripes going through them and some are variegated if you can keep them out of the direct sunlight in a shaded growing condition.

We have a original mosaic Fig tree that has striped figs also painted leaves one of a kind leaves can't be mistaken. We have lots of different varieties from different sources and one of these trees that I'm about to post the leaves are all from the same tree except for the last one which is the original mosaic Leaf the painted leaf.

This tree is exhibiting them all growing on the same tree. Were growing in different conditions. Indirect light  inside the greenhouse so the can't get ultraviolet rays and in complete shade my Trees are derived from the same cutting and not from different trees so genetically they should be the same.

Offline figWillie

• Welcome !!
Re: Cdd Martinenc Rimada Studies
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 09:18:24 PM »
They're all cool, but that last one, the original mosaic is really spectacular. Wow!
Want list: #1-Qalaat al Madiq #2- black Zadar, #3 LSU Red, #4 Ben's Golden Riverside/Robert's Golden Rainbow  #5-Madiera Island black.

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 11:42:16 AM »
JD,

Those are some great looking figs.  One day I hope to have some
WL:  Thermalito, CdD Mutante, LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Mutuant, UCR 187-25, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Ice Cream, Pisang Ceylon, Pisang Klotek & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline Swamplife

• Think you can't change the world? Eat a raw bat.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 11:43:56 AM »
Ok, quick question. Is the Bicolor/mutant tree I won the same as any of these?
Wish List: Louisiana Lightening, Smith Fig, Dall' OSSO Fig, Socorro Black, BB-10,LSU Gold, LSU Thibodaux, LSU Jack Lily, LSU O'Rourke, UCR 184-15,Colonel Litman's Black Cross, Orphan fig, Adriatic JH, Ice Cream Banana, any variety banana,

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 08:42:49 PM »
No but I would say they are related

Offline TXFIG

• Welcome !!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 03:47:00 PM »
Very Interesting !
Italian 258, LSU Red, LSU Scott's Black, Socorro Blk, Turca, Italian Blk, Blk Ischia, *JD's Giant  Negra, Smith, Sangue, Coll De Dama Rimada,  Ischia Black.                             
WL: Muscadine Grapes, Tree Collard

WL: Varg Ban, mango, grapes, blackberry

Offline NattyBo

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 01:47:21 PM »
They're all cool, but that last one, the original mosaic is really spectacular. Wow!

Yep, ditto what FigWillie said  :D
WL: BB-10, Louisiana Lightning, Col de Dame (any), Sister Madeline's Green Greek, White Madeira, Maryland Berry, LSU Scott's Blk, Italian Black, Vincenzo.

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 06:29:39 PM »
 We're glad that you replied to this posting, notice photos 4 and 5 where this plot is on the Greenleaf. Now I'm going to post some more photos that I took of them today why the Louisiana agriculture Department was here they did a little admiring.

Offline Ashley

• Just Started Growing Figs
  • Thank You for Having Me
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2020, 09:26:27 PM »
Those are beautiful trees JD.  The figs look delicious too.  Thanks for sharing the pics.
Wishlist:  Col de Dame Blanc, LSU Red, LSU Strawberry, LSU Black, Galicia Negra, Socorro Black

Offline Newbie2figs

• Love fruit trees!
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 09:58:30 PM »
Man JD , Never seen fig leaves like that! Words canít describe the beauty of the leaves and the fig! 😀
Mario
Zone 9a Tx
Wishlist:,CALDERONA,Azores dark,Black Tuscan, Thermilito,Mutante and crazy for stripped figs

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 10:17:30 PM »
That mosaic Fig has some very interesting leaves and figs.  I canít wait to see what the inside of the figs look like. 
WL:  Thermalito, CdD Mutante, LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, Mutuant, UCR 187-25, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Ice Cream, Pisang Ceylon, Pisang Klotek & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a