Author Topic: Today’s diner dessert  (Read 282 times)

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
Today’s diner dessert
« on: July 28, 2021, 09:48:55 PM »
After diner (cause had to wait till after everyone was home from work) we decided to work yard .   Saw some figs ripe and so we decided to pick and eat.  Malta(biggest), Dominick(med) and MBvs (smallest).  Kids ate theirs before I could take a pic.  Lost some MBvs’ and Olympians before I could take pics.  We are still getting some light shores but not enough to water down any of them. 

I searched on here and apparently I have not posted any pics of my Olympian.  I still have some and I hope I can. They are pretty good
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 09:55:48 PM by LaFigGwr2019 »
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, Mutant, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Ice Cream, Pisang Ceylon, Pisang Klotek & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline HWall_HTX

• It was fun while it lasted.
Re: Today’s diner dessert
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 10:09:59 PM »
That looks like some figgy goodness Arturo!

Did any of them stand out to you?
WL: Peace and satisfaction

Offline AtlantaFig

• Fig addict and can never be cured.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 11:46:53 PM »
Arturo,

Congratulations, you have started eating the goodies of your garden.
Wishlist: LSU Red, Socorro Black, I-258, CDD Blanc, CDD Noir, Thermalito, Black Madeira dwarf, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Figs. Giant Brown Turkey, Excel, Mutant Fig, Yellow Lebanese.

Offline FigMamaJanet

• Welcome !!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 08:47:52 AM »
Arutro,

You must be doing something right!!  Your figs look delicious and perfect.  Glad you and your family got to enjoy their goodness :)
WL:Improved Celeste,Unk.Ray Black,Black Jack,Black Genoa,Smith,LSU Red,Golden Rainbow,BNR,LSU Gold, LSU Strawberry,Unk Burgan,CDD Noir,CDD Blanc,LSU Black Mutante DC-7,Col.Littman's Black Cross,
Eastchester Black Unk.,Cavaliere,Desert King,Texas Strawberry,Petite Negra,White Marsielle,UNK Italian

Offline Hillhunter4

• Total Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 02:27:38 PM »
Arturo,
Can you rate them in order of taste?
Wish List: LSU (Tiger, Strawberry, Red, Hollier, Black, Scott’s Black) Ronde De Bordeaux, Louisiana Green Honey, White Madeira #1, Italian Black, Colonel Littman's Black Cross, Col De Dame Blanc, Col De Dame Noir. Sao Miguel Roxo, JH Adriatic, Unk Italian_JD, I-258, Black Madeira

Online Ashley

• Just Started Growing Figs
  • Thank You for Having Me
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 09:06:28 PM »
Great looking figs Arturo.   I have the Malta but the birds get more than I do.    I hope your figs keep being productive.     
Wishlist:  Col de Dame Blanc, LSU Red, LSU Strawberry, LSU Black, Galicia Negra, Socorro Black

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 11:42:59 PM »
Arturo,

Congratulations, you have started eating the goodies of your garden.
Ben,

Yes we have started eating more and more figs as time passes.  Figs are also getting better.
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, Mutant, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Ice Cream, Pisang Ceylon, Pisang Klotek & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 11:52:40 PM »
Janet,

Kids take a bigger cut but we are ok with it cause I just want them to get more into this.

Norman,

Dom and MBvs fig it for 1st and 2nd place.  Wife thinks that MBvs was sweeter so she liked it better.   Don’t get me wrong, if the Malta had being left on for another day... I believe it to be a much tougher choice.   So based on my wife’s taste and mine:
MBvs gets 1st
Dom gets close 2nd
Malta 3rd
Please keep in mind this is if you like super sweet/berry figs.  As my wife said, it was sweeter than candy.

Ashley,

Birds and squirrels keep stealing mine also but I started to net them.  I want to taste them, wish you the best with your tasting.  Why are animals so greedy, bite a little here and there.  Finish the fig before you start another and also don’t take them all, leave some for the owners.  We take care of them and feed them.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 11:56:36 PM by LaFigGwr2019 »

Louisiana, 9a

Offline THB1961

• Welcome !!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2021, 08:06:18 PM »
Some nice looking figs Arturo!
WL:Orphan, Col de Dame Blanca/Negra,  Louisiana Lightning, Cajun Gold, LSU Red, EXP-24
Yellow Longneck,  Black Ishia,  Col. Littman, Cravens Craving, Emalyns purple, Pink Jerusalem, Stellato,  Ponte Tresa,  Afghan-E, Edith`s Raspberry Jam,