When at first you don't succeed, try, try again. After looking at the YouTube video Denise posted, I decided to try rooting green cuttings from some of the air layers I recently completed. In the past, I tried to keep the green cuttings out of direct sunlight and they always failed in a few weeks.
For this experiment, I placed the cuttings in 16 oz white plastic cups and covered the cups with plastic wrap which was held firmly in place with a rubber band. I then cut a small slit in the plastic so I could insert the cutting, figuring this would support the cutting, keep the stem in a very humid environment, and prevent evaporation.
Then, I did something a bit radical. I placed the cups containing the cuttings in a South facing garden window. It's bright and hot in there. I then just left them to fry. But they didn't cook like I had expected. It's only been a week, but I have more darn root bumps on all those cuttings than I ever got pampering green cuttings in the past. Now I have to see if the roots continue to grow or if the cuttings eventually die. The good news is that this experiment is free and if even a few cuttings actually survive, I will have some extra Cavaliere, Louisiana Green Honey, Calderona, or Dr Clark plants for friends to take.