Author Topic: Bananas on Parade  (Read 20479 times)

Offline Newbie2figs

• Love fruit trees!
Re: Bananas on Parade
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2020, 11:59:24 PM »
Thank you so much for the clarification, new to bananas, so learning the ropes, I saw one called praying hands , it looked so cool the way the bananas were formed. Donít know how hard it is to get your hands on it thou.
Mario
Zone 9a Tx
Wishlist:,CALDERONA,Azores dark,Black Tuscan, Thermilito,Mutante and crazy for stripped figs

Offline LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2020, 07:42:34 PM »
Praying hands and what about that 1000 fingers.  There are some very interesting banana varieties.
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger), Buzzone Nero, Socorro Black, UCR 187-25, Thermalito, Mutant, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Ice Cream, Pisang Ceylon, Pisang Klotek & Praying hands).  Edible Perennials(seeds and/or cuttings).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline Newbie2figs

• Love fruit trees!
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2020, 07:10:19 AM »
Yes my friend 😀😀😀, canít wait!! The one you gave me is growing fast 🤗, have to put it in a bigger pot!
Mario
Zone 9a Tx
Wishlist:,CALDERONA,Azores dark,Black Tuscan, Thermilito,Mutante and crazy for stripped figs

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2020, 08:46:57 AM »
 The praying hands is a very interesting variety you kind of peel the sides off remove your bananas and go down the fingers roll because they are all joined together leaving the peel on the ones that you do not want to eat at that time.

The 1000 finger banana variety is more of a landscape banana very different the banana skin can grow eight to nine feet long and it's capable of hitting the ground. Unfortunately I have never ate a banana off this variety but they say it's possible to get edible bananas from this variety but it is a great conversation piece kind of stunning looking at all the bananas.