Author Topic: New contest for the best video of the month !  (Read 4127 times)

Offline LouisianaMojo

• Administrator
Re: New contest for the best video of the month !
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2020, 04:39:44 PM »
Its a new month does that mean a new best video of the month
I do believe this is a month that we are going to start best giveaway for the best video. Tell everybody needs to get in and get a going on

Offline opiem10

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2020, 11:56:53 AM »
Hi everyone,
     I just want to give you some photographic progress of the Olympian and Violette de Bordeaux cuttings I started rooting on January 25th using the plastic shoebox method in my video found within this thread.   Notice the nice roots growing out from the coir for both varieties.  This is the amount of root growth I look for when taking cuttings from coir and transplanting them into cups.   For some reason, the VdB have good, leafy growth in addition to a nice, healthy early root mass while the Olympian cuttings have yet to leaf out.

By the end of the weekend, I hope to be able to make a video of my technique for taking these cuttings to the next step, potting them up in 16 oz cups.   I'll be using substrate which is a combination of ProMix HP and Turface MVPon the bottom of the cup with the remaining fill being solely Turface MVP.   I hope this gives me some more nourishment at the base of the cup for developing roots and very good drainage above.
Wish List: Bass' Favorite, BB-10, Ben's Golden Rainbow, Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Buzzone Nero, Col de Dam Gegantica, Col de Dame Rimada, Colonel Littman Black Cross, Constantine D'Algerie, Cravens Craving,  D'all Osso,  De la Roca, Orphan, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor,

Offline AtlantaFig

• Fig addict and can never be cured.
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2020, 01:06:03 PM »
Hi everyone,
     I just want to give you some photographic progress of the Olympian and Violette de Bordeaux cuttings I started rooting on January 25th using the plastic shoebox method in my video found within this thread.   Notice the nice roots growing out from the coir for both varieties.  This is the amount of root growth I look for when taking cuttings from coir and transplanting them into cups.   For some reason, the VdB have good, leafy growth in addition to a nice, healthy early root mass while the Olympian cuttings have yet to leaf out.

By the end of the weekend, I hope to be able to make a video of my technique for taking these cuttings to the next step, potting them up in 16 oz cups.   I'll be using substrate which is a combination of ProMix HP and Turface MVPon the bottom of the cup with the remaining fill being solely Turface MVP.   I hope this gives me some more nourishment at the base of the cup for developing roots and very good drainage above.

Congratulations.
Wishlist: LSU Red, Socorro Black, I-258, CDD Blanc, CDD Noir, CDD Rimada, Thermalito, White Madeira, Black Madeira dwarf, Lebanese Red, Golden Celeste, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Figs. Giant Brown Turkey, Excel, Mutant Fig, Yellow Lebanese, Improved Celeste.

Offline AtlantaFig

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2020, 01:09:06 PM »
Hi JD and Steve,
   I am trying to upload a video to YouTube, but so far I have not had success.   I wonder if the size of the file is preventing the upload.   I'll keep trying.

Steve, If I were to mail you the file on a thumb drive, do you have any ability to upload it for me?

Steve here,

Cell phones don't really want to send big videos to server so the cell slows down and the server will go arest on the video
if you put it on your computer then do it it will go thru.

if not just pm me and I let you send it to my cell phone and I will up load it.

Steve

Hi Steve, I have tried to upload it from my laptop so many times, error messages comes up at the end.
Wishlist: LSU Red, Socorro Black, I-258, CDD Blanc, CDD Noir, CDD Rimada, Thermalito, White Madeira, Black Madeira dwarf, Lebanese Red, Golden Celeste, Louisiana Fig Varieties, Louisiana Lightening, Buzzone Nero, LSU Figs. Giant Brown Turkey, Excel, Mutant Fig, Yellow Lebanese, Improved Celeste.

Offline FigHearted

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2020, 01:21:06 PM »
Opiem10, your cuttings are looking good!
WL: Dalmatie, Texas Peach, Buzzone Nero, EXP24, JDs LSU Red, JDs Giant Brown Turkey, BB10, BFF, Adriatic JH,  Battaglia Green, Burgan UNK, CLBC, BNR,  Socorro, Del Monte,Raspberry Tart, Watermelon, Edith Lamb, Thermalito, Hative D'Argenteuil, Martinenca Rimada, Paratjal Rimada, Golden Rainbow

Online LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
  • Food Forest or at least Food Orchard
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2020, 04:35:16 PM »
Hi everyone,

Opiem10,

Keep up the great work.  Amazing work.
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger),  Roberts Golden Rainbow, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Dall Oso, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Other WL:  Banana(Manzano, Ice Cream, Red & Praying hands).

Louisiana, 9a

Offline cornbread

• Welcome !!
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2020, 07:21:39 PM »
They are looking good.  Thanks for the update.
WL:  LSU Tiger or other LSU, Yellow Long Neck, RdB, VdB, Smith, A CdD variety, a persistent caprifig

Offline opiem10

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2020, 10:34:50 AM »
bump
for new video

Steve,  Thanks again for posting my video.  I just don't know why I am unable to load it myself using the links you and JD provided.    Now I look forward to posts from members who try the shoebox methods that you or I use as well as any tips they may have discovered in rooting or up potting that will make their growing successes even greater.

Fingers crossed that most of these transplants continue to grow so that they may be part of my late spring giveaways.  There will be many more attempted over the next few months.    :D
Wish List: Bass' Favorite, BB-10, Ben's Golden Rainbow, Black Tuscan, Black Zadar, Buzzone Nero, Col de Dam Gegantica, Col de Dame Rimada, Colonel Littman Black Cross, Constantine D'Algerie, Cravens Craving,  D'all Osso,  De la Roca, Orphan, Socorro Black, Violet Sepor,

Online LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2020, 11:06:16 AM »
Opiem10,

Great job with the video.  Your videos will help everyone that is having trouble with rooting cuttings
WL:  LSU(Red Extraordinaire & Tiger),  Roberts Golden Rainbow, Buzzone Nero, UCR 187-25, Dall Oso, Thermalito, any CdD, Calderona

Louisiana, 9a

Offline Swamplife

• Think you can't change the world? Eat a raw bat.
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2020, 11:32:35 AM »
very nice video, very well done.
Wish List: Louisiana Lightening, Smith Fig, Dall' OSSO Fig, Socorro Black, BB-10,LSU Gold, LSU Thibodaux, LSU Jack Lily, LSU O'Rourke, UCR 184-15,Colonel Litman's Black Cross, Orphan fig, Adriatic JH, Ice Cream Banana, any variety banana,

Offline opiem10

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2020, 04:04:43 PM »
Steve,  You win.   No one can compete with your video talents.

Offline Swamplife

• Think you can't change the world? Eat a raw bat.
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2020, 04:14:32 PM »
Steve,  You win.   No one can compete with your video talents.
I'm not concerned with his video talents, I want to know how he grew a talking fig!!!!
Wish List: Louisiana Lightening, Smith Fig, Dall' OSSO Fig, Socorro Black, BB-10,LSU Gold, LSU Thibodaux, LSU Jack Lily, LSU O'Rourke, UCR 184-15,Colonel Litman's Black Cross, Orphan fig, Adriatic JH, Ice Cream Banana, any variety banana,

Offline mud69bug

• I've got a fever and the only cure is more FIGS!!!
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2020, 06:51:04 PM »
Steve it is possible you have just a little too much free time on your hands.
WL: Smith;Dr.Clark;LSU Red;White Madeira;Violet Sepor;Orphan;Lebanese Red;Honey Plum;Dalmatie; California brown turkey;Super red hybrid;Jurupa; Borgiotto Nero;LSU Thibodeaux twins;Louisiana lightning Fig;T G F Taiwan Gold;Excel;Sierra;White Triana;Pendolino Rosso;Yellow Long Neck
Central La.

Online LaFigGwr2019

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2020, 10:12:37 PM »
Mid69bug,

No I think that is what happens when you dont sleep much. 

Steve,

I am very impressed sir.  Now if you can have that fig teach us how to root cuttings, that would be great.  Give it a Superman uniform type of suit and instead of only an S have SFF on the chest.

Louisiana, 9a

Offline AtlantaFig

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2020, 09:34:00 PM »
Mid69bug,

No I think that is what happens when you dont sleep much. 

Steve,

I am very impressed sir.  Now if you can have that fig teach us how to root cuttings, that would be great.  Give it a Superman uniform type of suit and instead of only an S have SFF on the chest.

LaFigGwr2019 that is a good suggestion. Hopefully Steve will do it.